Provisional

Regarding my post above it states they are working through by date order. this can’t be true if some are receiving their license within 2 weeks and then I’m waiting 9 weeks and still nothing. My only guess is maybe some applications are being handed to other departments to process :angry:

stu675:

TruckerGuy:
GOT MY PROVISIONAL!

Great! Are you getting a package for driving and theory? Or sorting the theory on your own?

Sorting the theory myself. Many of the packages include medical which I already did on my own, so by the time I’ve gone to the trouble of trying to negotiate that out, I might as well have booked the tests!

Baz wona b a trucker:
I’m getting really peed of now to the point it’s making me lose interest. I sent my licence of at the beginning of August and still nothing. I’ve tried ringing but can’t get through. I’ve emailed and got an automated answer

Was there anything on your medical that might result in the DVLA medical section wanting more info from your GP? This is what happened to me and so even though I applied in July and my GP responded to their request within a week I’m still waiting…

jonathan_dyane:

Baz wona b a trucker:
I’m getting really peed of now to the point it’s making me lose interest. I sent my licence of at the beginning of August and still nothing. I’ve tried ringing but can’t get through. I’ve emailed and got an automated answer

Was there anything on your medical that might result in the DVLA medical section wanting more info from your GP? This is what happened to me and so even though I applied in July and my GP responded to their request within a week I’m still waiting…

Nope! I had a complete bill of health. I did injure my right eye years ago which i now have poor sight in. But i passed the eye test so cant see that being an issue.

Who Knows

Keep checking the site - it appeared for me at 0030 on Sunday morning!! They may not be strictly processing in the order they are received.

Received my provisional back today, less than 2 weeks after sending it off via recorded delivery following my medical. I’ll be in the phone to my training providers first thing in the morning

Dolphin85:
Received my provisional back today, less than 2 weeks after sending it off via recorded delivery following my medical. I’ll be in the phone to my training providers first thing in the morning

Good luck!!

Dolphin85:

And my theories are booked in for Monday 18th October. Can’t wait. Handing in my 8 week notice at my job today as they told me there’s no delays getting me in for practical tests either and it’s just 2.5 days training (2x8 hour and 1x4 hours sessions).

TruckerGuy:
Good luck!!

I’ve been trying to reply to your pm but keep getting an error message, so sorry about that.

I rang the DVLA to find out what was happening as my GP had sent them the further information they had requested. They claimed not to have received it; I suspect they have binned correspondence to the Medical Division which wasn’t recorded or special delivery to help clear backlog. ■■■■■■■■■

GP have resent recorded delivery.

jonathan_dyane:
I rang the DVLA to find out what was happening as my GP had sent them the further information they had requested. They claimed not to have received it; I suspect they have binned correspondence to the Medical Division which wasn’t recorded or special delivery to help clear backlog. [zb].

GP have resent recorded delivery.

How annoying! I hope it gets sorted and you have your provisional soon!! My tests are all next week, getting a little nervous :laughing:

My profanity was removed!

What an absolute shower.

Thanks Lou!

jonathan_dyane:
My profanity was removed!

What an absolute shower.

Thanks Lou!

:laughing:

Just checked my licence online and provisional for C is now on there.

The dilemma now is: Put myself through the training myself or wait for potential government funding :question:

FlashMcRack:

The dilemma now is: Put myself through the training myself or wait for potential government funding :question:

Personally, I say go for it. At the very least, get your theory sorted out. It’s valid for 2 years after you pass it (driving theory, hazard perception, and CPC Mod. 2).

FlashMcRack:

I second TruckerGuy…go for it! Dont dilly dally, you will be fine. It could be ages before all the laws and regs are changed & put in place by which point you could be gaining experience, earning and saving for the artics :smiley: Good luck in whatever you choose

Yeh it definitely makes sense to at least do the theory parts first.

The next available dates anywhere near me are late December :confused:

FlashMcRack:

Are you sure? When I first tried I thought there wasn’t any for 6 months, but actually they were available 2 days later. You know you have to check every single day? I would keep checking in case they release more.
Where are you?

FlashMcRack:

Blimey, i checked late evening after 11pm everyday as there was nothing within a 30 mile radius for me and then a decent amount popped up so I booked them all in at the same centre one after the other for next week. Keep looking, they should show some new and earlier dates. Remember you can always change up to 3 days before if you want.

Lou88:

FlashMcRack:

Blimey, i checked late evening after 11pm everyday as there was nothing within a 30 mile radius for me and then a decent amount popped up so I booked them all in at the same centre one after the other for next week. Keep looking, they should show some new and earlier dates. Remember you can always change up to 3 days before if you want.

stu675:

FlashMcRack:

Are you sure? When I first tried I thought there wasn’t any for 6 months, but actually they were available 2 days later. You know you have to check every single day? I would keep checking in case they release more.
Where are you?

Cool, thanks. I’m in Fife. I’ll keep an eye on it