Provisional , how long a wait

Sent off provisional after having medical done, any idea how long the wait is, and do I have to wait till its back before booking theory ?

Hi. You may get your provisional almost by return - it could take anything up to 3 weeks.

You can’t book your theory until your provisional has been issued.

Hope that helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply, this forum is a wonderful place :smiley:

Donna

I sent mine off last Thursday, still waiting…

It only took 5 mth for mine to come back so dont hole breath :laughing:

Long delays are normally down to either incorrectly completed forms or medical issues. A “normal” application is generally dealt with well within 3 weeks.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sent my provisional application off - 6 days later got the medical form back for correction by the doctor. Done in two days and sent back - licence arrived about a week later. So, just over two weeks including the medical form problem for me.

I’m not sure if it’s an entirely different department but I passed my Class 1 on the 24/04 and it was here with me 30/04. He did say that it could range anything from a week to 20 working days, it’s a bit hit and miss I guess but if you’re really eager to know where it is then you can ring DVLA and they will tell you if the entitlement has been added yet and if the license is in the post to you or not.

Sam :slight_smile:

Peter Smythe:
Long delays are normally down to either incorrectly completed forms or medical issues.

Medical problems - Sure they cause problems, but nowhere near as much as the monkeys in the medical dept! 11 months so far and waiting, because of their inability to contact more than 1 Dr at a time, in some cases writing to the wrong Dr! So if you have a medical issue, be prepared for a long wait…

SuffolkLad:

Peter Smythe:
Long delays are normally down to either incorrectly completed forms or medical issues.

Medical problems - Sure they cause problems, but nowhere near as much as the monkeys in the medical dept! 11 months so far and waiting, because of their inability to contact more than 1 Dr at a time, in some cases writing to the wrong Dr! So if you have a medical issue, be prepared for a long wait…

This sounds very familiar. I had to wait nine months to have my car licence renewed in 2010/11, despite DVLA being pointed to the correct information in my original letter.

I’m longing to take up my neurologist’s offer to support me in an application for Category C and D provisional, but fear just what idiocy DVLA will get up to.

Still no sign of my provisional after 2.5 weeks , so I decided to take control and ring them this morning. It’s being processed as we speak and will be in today’s post so I will have it early next week , does anyone know if they send it first or second class post, not that it makes a lot of difference these days but itching to get going, lol :smiley:

First class I think Donna, took them a while!!

Makes you wonder if it was sitting in a pile and the phone call done the trick ? Wonder if I had not called then would it still have been processed today, call me a cynic :question:

It’s finally arrived :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now the search for training

Wannabeheretolearn:
It’s finally arrived :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now the search for training

Well done, moving ever forward, good luck with finding a trainer and with lessons etc! :smiley:

Hi. Pleased to hear your provisional has finally landed. Your next move is theory tests which you can book direct or through most trainers. And then, of course, the practical. At this stage you are in a position to arrange assessment drives and form an opinion of what represents best value for money and where you feel most comfortable.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

nice one , you can go online to bok theory and hp tests , go and get a cd and book to revise with if I can find my cd`s ill pm you and send them up but I think I lent them to someone cant remember who as this was 2 years ago but ill have a search and if they turn up ill sort something outwith you make sure you visit any training center as you have to be happy with whos training you believe me a patient trainer is worth all the money in the world look at it as they have to impress you not the other way around best of luck and look forward to your diary of training

jen x

Call them now it’s sent to check on progress and ask them to issue 1st class and you’ll have it in less than a week.

stagedriver:
Call them now it’s sent to check on progress and ask them to issue 1st class and you’ll have it in less than a week.

Fashionably late mate, she already has it. :laughing:

Chuffed for you Donna, you’ve really got the ball rolling now then!

Thanks Sam, and also to everyone else for the kind comments and support :smiley: