Provisional entitlement

Might seem a silly question but I have just received my licence back from DVLA and can’t work out what provisional cat c should show as!

Now that they have abolished the counterpart it won’t show on photo card. You can go online and check your provisional status. Just google check licence online. It will show C if it’s on there.

Cat C with restriction

JS8576:
Now that they have abolished the counterpart it won’t show on photo card. You can go online and check your provisional status. Just google check licence online. It will show C if it’s on there.

Thanks very much for that, it is on there so now I can start heading towards a new career after 16 years in the same job & 48 years old. Never too late I hope :smiley:

Only a couple of years older than me so never too late. You might get yours before me as I keep dragging my feet due to costs and niggling doubts. It’s a lot of money to drop in one go. Obviously the concern about failing. More costs. But despite that everyone (apart from a few naysayers) on here says it’s worth it.

Good luck with it. Depending where you live worth checking out the forum sponsors training centre. Bit too far away from me. Links at top of page worth looking at to avoid the dreaded brokers.

Luckily I had a totally unexpected PPI refund a couple of weeks ago so decided this was my last chance to do what I’ve always wanted to. I live in Cheshire so fairly easy to get around to different trainers & have been recommended Red Rose in Preston as one to look at.

This is the list of DVSA Accredited LGV Training Centres. (DVSA are the people who will conduct your driving test)

dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

Have a good look round before booking and parting with money. Book at least two assessment drives (often free). The only exception to this should be booking on rock solid recommendation.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

wrighty1:
Luckily I had a totally unexpected PPI refund a couple of weeks ago so decided this was my last chance to do what I’ve always wanted to. I live in Cheshire so fairly easy to get around to different trainers & have been recommended Red Rose in Preston as one to look at.

You could try chevron in Flintshire

Or several trainers provide residential courses if you want ( I did this for my CE found it much easier tbh )