Prov licence delays at DVLA?

Ahhh, think I may have the answer - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=168541

I’m old with C1 on my licence and the system apparently struggles with that. Ho hum.

Inglebert:
Ahhh, think I may have the answer - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=168541

I’m old with C1 on my licence and the system apparently struggles with that. Ho hum.

Find a training provider who has the LGV practical training approved for cpc hours

By far and away the easiest and quickest way for you to do your driver cpc is to sit the 35 hours. The alternative route is fraught with difficulties and delay.

You can do your driver cpc anytime as you already hold C1. The cpc isn’t fussy which category of C you have so it’s fine.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the advice folks - I think I’ll just do the 35 hours, some of the courses look as if they would be genuinely useful for a newbie eg tachos, safe loading.

I’m having an assessment drive with an outfit I like the look of next week so will ask them whether they are approved for CPC hours. One school I spoke to implied that it’s not possible to have Cat C practical training approved for CPC. Does that sound right?

Do I need to do anything to start accumulating hours against my current C1 licence? gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours seems to imply I just register for a one day course with any approved provider and the provider will set me up on the register, is that right?

Inglebert:
One school I spoke to implied that it’s not possible to have Cat C practical training approved for CPC. Does that sound right?

Ask PSTT - the forum sponsor - they will know the answer to that

Hi

Just wanted to comment that I noticed online that from being stuck on June 28th only a couple of days ago, DVLA are now processing applications received 26th August.
Nice big leap that hopefully moves a lot of people forward.

Danny

Spoke to a few candidates today who have received their provisional licences back this week following their medical around 3 weeks ago. Seems to be moving a little quicker.