Protesters On M25

This is another one like covid - a bloke with a CSE in metalwork reads a sun article and then thinks he knows better than a climate scientist.

Do you think if someone watches “Duel” he knows as much about driving a truck as you? Its like having some bloke come up to you and go " you dont drive a truck like that" when hes never driven a truck. God knows where all these part time self appointed virologists and climate scientists come from. And they all think they know better than people who have studied it for 30 years.

Janos:
They are Marxists masquerading as a doomsday cult.
They got exactly what they wanted, and that is a stick in the spokes of capitalism.
It has nothing to do with home insulation. The guy who started shoving them out the way should of been backed up.

Old woman I saw didnt look like a marxist. And even if she was the main thing is whether they are right. Which they are.

JeffA:
This is another one like covid - a bloke with a CSE in metalwork reads a sun article and then thinks he knows better than a climate scientist.

Do you think if someone watches “Duel” he knows as much about driving a truck as you? Its like having some bloke come up to you and go " you dont drive a truck like that" when hes never driven a truck. God knows where all these part time self appointed virologists and climate scientists come from. And they all think they know better than people who have studied it for 30 years.

I disagree with the way they phrase things. Firstly, we are not killing the planet. That’s simply wrong. What we are doing is speeding up the natural cycle of the earth in which it goes through hot and cold phases.

The issue I have is lets say we speed up climate change by 200 years. Well… it was going to happen anyway but we just sped it up.

What these climate change people want is to keep the earth in a state of equilibrium in which all the animals survive and thrive and we are all happy and no slow ingress of the sea onto land. Sorry the world does not work like that. The earth goes through ice ages and changes in temperature for a reason.

But we have to save every single species that is living and make sure they have enough habitat to survive… For whatever reason so maube I am wrong. I guess it depends on your outlook and whether you feel we have a duty to ensure every single specicies should survive even if they would of died off due to natural selection decades ago.

I think the idea is its the speed at which it is happening - if it happens over the course of 10,000 years life and the ecosystem has time to evolve - when it happens over the course of 100 years it doesnt.

So we should keep burning oil and chopping the rainforest down and not worry about it?

adam277:

JeffA:

I disagree with the way they phrase things. Firstly, we are not killing the planet. That’s simply wrong. What we are doing is speeding up the natural cycle of the earth in which it goes through hot and cold phases.

The issue I have is lets say we speed up climate change by 200 years. Well… it was going to happen anyway but we just sped it up.

What these climate change people want is to keep the earth in a state of equilibrium in which all the animals survive and thrive and we are all happy and no slow ingress of the sea onto land. Sorry the world does not work like that. The earth goes through ice ages and changes in temperature for a reason.

But we have to save every single species that is living and make sure they have enough habitat to survive… For whatever reason so maube I am wrong. I guess it depends on your outlook and whether you feel we have a duty to ensure every single specicies should survive even if they would of died off due to natural selection decades ago.

Can’t really argue with this.

Primitive man survived the ice ages in bear skins, and hot ages by the beach. There just weren’t that many of us around then, and there won’t be in the future…

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Carryfast:

LazyDriver:

Conor:
Their tweet demanding the government insulate homes has been deleted. I wonder if it’s because they got thousands of responses pointing them to the various schemes successive governments have run for the last 20 years offering free cavity wall and loft insulation to homeowners and tenants (with landlord approval)■■?

I saw on the telly last month that some poor sod was having to cut out and scrape off the foam sprayed loft insulation so he could sell his house. Apparently, by having it done, it invalidated his gaff! Something about trapping water and rotting the roof timbers. This wasn’t a one off, but a known issue.

Who would have thought it.
Let’s create a cavity wall to stop damp.
Let’s fill it in.
Now we’ve got to remove it all to stop the damp which the cavity was meant to stop.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39602540

I can remember my Dad telling the various cavity wall ‘insulation’ proponents to do one and I’ve always told them the same.The cavity is there for a reason and it stays open.

The same in the case of a good air flow around the loft timbers.

Of course a bunch of jobless layabouts don’t need to worry about maintaining their property.Should have sent the DWP inspectors out to check if they were meeting their job search comittments for their benefits.

Mate, totally, and the numpties that tape over air vents then moan about the mould in the bathroom!!!

stu675:

LazyDriver:

Conor:
Their tweet demanding the government insulate homes has been deleted. I wonder if it’s because they got thousands of responses pointing them to the various schemes successive governments have run for the last 20 years offering free cavity wall and loft insulation to homeowners and tenants (with landlord approval)■■?

I saw on the telly last month that some poor sod was having to cut out and scrape off the foam sprayed loft insulation so he could sell his house. Apparently, by having it done, it invalidated his gaff! Something about trapping water and rotting the roof timbers. This wasn’t a one off, but a known issue.

Apparently even having it removed isn’t enough because of the damage that could have been done while it was in situ. Your house can become unmortgageable when you get this done.

As Carryfast said, who’d have thought, the house builder built it like that for a reason… :unamused:

LazyDriver:
Mate, totally, and the numpties that tape over air vents then moan about the mould in the bathroom!!!

Air Bricks may be ugly but necessary, concreting all the garden prevents natural soak away, washing lines are banned in some Mrs Bucket neighbourhoods, triple glazing, central heating, tumble dryers inside the house.

adam277:
… I just hope the government doesn’t start introducing more draconian laws that take away our right to protest.

Almost too late I’m afraid…
bills.parliament.uk/bills/2839
Currently at second reading in House Of Lords.

theguardian.com/commentisfr … on-freedom

JeffA:

Plenty of scientists and doctors who are against the scamdemic and vaccination program. You just have to look beyond the bbc and other msm outlets

TruckerGuy:
They can all get stuffed! Their “science” breaks the laws of thermodynamics for a start, and don’t get me started on the models they use. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ask them about the hockey stick graph.
What would planet earth’s ground temperatures be at the equivalent atmospheric pressure as that of Venus.
Exactly what temperature would it actually be here and now if we’d have burn’t all the remaining fossil fuel reserves.
It’s -60C in Antartica now how cold do they actually want it to be in the Spring.
Which oil and gas fields are being capped anywhere.As opposed to production being increased and new reserves coming online ( to be burnt by the so called ‘developing’ countries ).
The usual result is that the questions will be banned.

^^
Not many, there’s a minority. What do you think about all the unvaccinated people dying from covid at the moment? Does that suggest anything to you?

JeffA:
^^
Not many, there’s a minority. What do you think about all the unvaccinated people dying from covid at the moment? Does that suggest anything to you?

It’s all a lie no one has died from covid it’s all about killing the old off to save the government paying the state pension as the population are living too long.

Yes my tongue was in my cheek when I posted this.

JeffA:

Janos:
They are Marxists masquerading as a doomsday cult.
They got exactly what they wanted, and that is a stick in the spokes of capitalism.
It has nothing to do with home insulation. The guy who started shoving them out the way should of been backed up.

Old woman I saw didnt look like a marxist. And even if she was the main thing is whether they are right. Which they are.

Really? What does your average Marxist look like? To my knowledge there are plenty of crusty looking hard lefties, in fact the majority seem to fit that description.
Right about what exactly? That we are experiencing climate change? We always have, and always will.
Man induced climate change? There are scientists who have been cancelled who argued against the flawed data that a lot of the hysteria is based on.
It is obvious we should not pump pollutants into the atmosphere with impunity, but the UK contribution is miniscule. I would have more respect for them if they focused on China and Russia, but as Marxists, that would be uncool.
To hear your cohorts bleating about keeping the temperature within a few degrees of ‘normal’ by eating lentils and cycling to work reminds of a latter day King Canute.
There seems to be no limit to some peoples arrogance. They blithely quote some statistic and follow a Clarkson like pause with…‘since records began’.
Mans time on this planet is infinitesimal compared with the eons that the earth has existed. So our records mean nothing much really.
In fact earth was at it most verdant and had its biggest animals when CO2 levels were far higher than they are now.
I actually will not listen to any argument about climate change unless the protaganist can state the economic answer to their proposals.
Otherwise , unless you live in a cave and eat plants, just shut the [zb] up, and stop being such a hypocrite.

Mod’s Edit:
If you need asterisks to get a word past the auto censor, that’s your clue that it’s a banned word. dd.

Janos:
unless you live in a cave and eat plants, just shut the [zb] up

Ironically a nuclear disaster and the soil erosion caused by chopping down trees for biomass and covering fields in solar panels might wreck even that plan.

Meanwhile we know that good old fashioned air as we know it with its 0.04% CO2 content, will heat up to the ignition point of diesel at around 800 degrees C at around 50 bar pressure without any input from the Sun and any greenhouse effect at all.
So Venus isn’t doing too bad with a 90% CO2 atmospheric content, at 90 bar pressure and 30 million miles closer to the Sun and only 470 degrees C.

the maoster:
Quickest, easiest and most peaceful way to disperse these protesters is that whenever and wherever they appear the authorities need only to set up a portable job centre. Hey presto, gone.

Isn’t it amazing that one can get benefit sanctioned from “not answering the DWP phone call within three rings”, but strangely none of these Idle Hands ever seems to come to grief financially?

Are they being sponsored?

They have videos on Youtube that basically tell their followers “how to break the law and get away with it”, and “How to act in court when in the dock” etc.

Meanwhile, Tommy Robinson asks a policeman to arrest someone molesting his own daughter - and gets promptly arrested himself

My impression was that the Public have more in common with TR’s causes than they do with Extinction Rebllion’s rubbish… :neutral_face:

There’s still protesters on M25, today, my mates currently being delayed getting to work. It seems they’re near or were Dartford stretch too.

RogerOut:
There’s still protesters on M25, today, my mates currently being delayed getting to work. It seems they’re near or were Dartford stretch too.

On our drivers is there somewhere.dont where but apparently been a bad crash in the que. And emergency services are no ware to be seen obvious they can’t get through

I don’t tolerate violence, but maybe this time a good kicking by the Motorists maybe in order :laughing:

elsa Lad:
I don’t tolerate violence, but maybe this time a good kicking by the Motorists maybe in order :laughing:

Helped by a few friendly Jack Reagan type coppers who want some overtime and their dinner.