Prostate problems

dozy:

lancpudn:
I seem to be going back a step with this Tamsulosin medication! It doesn’t seem to be working like it did in the first week I was taking it, I’m back to going to the bathroom between 8-10 times a night again & struggling to pee & it’s getting painful again.
They said it’ll be 6-8 weeks before it calms down so I’ll just have to tough it out until then hoping it gets better.

Have you even looked at pistonheads ( health section ) , fair few going through prostrate issues , maybe someone with similar symptoms / medication , maybe helpful

Sorry lancpun , I didn’t mean Even looked , I meant have a look , these midnight starts are catching up on me , have to re-read everything the next day

dozy:

dozy:

lancpudn:
I seem to be going back a step with this Tamsulosin medication! It doesn’t seem to be working like it did in the first week I was taking it, I’m back to going to the bathroom between 8-10 times a night again & struggling to pee & it’s getting painful again.
They said it’ll be 6-8 weeks before it calms down so I’ll just have to tough it out until then hoping it gets better.

Have you even looked at pistonheads ( health section ) , fair few going through prostrate issues , maybe someone with similar symptoms / medication , maybe helpful

Sorry lancpun , I didn’t mean Even looked , I meant have a look , these midnight starts are catching up on me , have to re-read everything the next day

Hi dozy, No problem. I’ve stopped using that Tamsulosin as the side effects are pretty bad for me, Palpitations, dizziness when standing up from sitting down & breathlessness, Just climbing the stairs leaves me breathless. I stopped taking it five days ago & the side effects have subsided but it’s back to square one with really struggling to pee again to empty my bladder :cry: I’m going to get in contact with Christies to see if there is another med available that doesn’t have these listed side effects but got to wait until the two month period after radiotherapy is over to call them.

lancpudn:

dozy:

dozy:

lancpudn:

Hi dozy, No problem. I’ve stopped using that Tamsulosin as the side effects are pretty bad for me, Palpitations, dizziness when standing up from sitting down & breathlessness, Just climbing the stairs leaves me breathless. I stopped taking it five days ago & the side effects have subsided but it’s back to square one with really struggling to pee again to empty my bladder :cry: I’m going to get in contact with Christies to see if there is another med available that doesn’t have these listed side effects but got to wait until the two month period after radiotherapy is over to call them.

Can’t you speak to your urology nurse lancpun , must admit my first one abbi was brilliant , if she couldn’t answer there & then she’d always ring me back , new one sharron is not as good , still waiting on letter stating results of last psa test ( though she told mrs slightly higher) but there happy with it ) & mri should be due
Abbi was the one who said medication was available , having your problems a bit now , but they believe mine is diabetis related as struggling to control blood / sugars like I was
Hopefully we both get sorted one day

I never in my wildest dreams thought prostrate cancer would affect your licence , but of all the things I’ve got that I assumed would cause me issues renewing my license this is the one that’s causing the issue., apparently doctor put it on medical form & now it’s got to go through my urology consultant to confirm what I’m saying on the second set of forms I’ve filled in (civ & d497) are true
As if we’ve not got enough with living with cancer , I’d love to know why having prostrate cancer would mean you’d need special controls to drive car or lorry !! Apparently the dvla think it does

This is the other form you’ll have to fill in for dvla medical dept , which begs the question should you be reporting cancer to the dvla when diagnosed with it , I haven’t as I’m just on active surveillance ( watch & wait ) , so other than psa tests , mri scans & biopsies I’m no different to pre / diagnosis, but as there going through all these checks with doctors / consultant it looks like you should

dozy:
This is the other form you’ll have to fill in for dvla medical dept , which begs the question should you be reporting cancer to the dvla when diagnosed with it , I haven’t as I’m just on active surveillance ( watch & wait ) , so other than psa tests , mri scans & biopsies I’m no different to pre / diagnosis, but as there going through all these checks with doctors / consultant it looks like you should

That’s a bit of a bugger about notifying DVLA dozy! I’ve never heard or seen anything about that or had to fill in those forms.
I’ve gone back on the tamulsolin meds, Just couldn’t pee & was in agony trying to empty my bladder.

Still going to the toilet between 6-8 times a night but at least it’s a bit better with that tamulsolin. :cry: I’ll just have to put up with the side effects & the delayed effect with loose toilet ablutions is hard work, I daren’t go more than 10 feet away from the toilet during the day, That radiotherapy has really messed up my toilet habits. Spoke to Christies but they said tamulsolin is the best for me. I have to arrange my own PSA tests a week ago with the local clinic but still no word about appointments from them yet :cry: Bloody useless at my local place.
My next urology appointment is in August at Bolton hospital for flow tests & bladder scans & I have to take those PSA results with me, Not sure how many of those PSA tests I’m supposed to book myself as nobody has said owt. Hope you get back on the road to good health soon.

lancpudn:

dozy:

That’s a bit of a bugger about notifying DVLA dozy! I’ve never heard or seen anything about that or had to fill in those forms.
I’ve gone back on the tamulsolin meds, Just couldn’t pee & was in agony trying to empty my bladder.

Still going to the toilet between 6-8 times a night but at least it’s a bit better with that tamulsolin. :cry: I’ll just have to put up with the side effects & the delayed effect with loose toilet ablutions is hard work, I daren’t go more than 10 feet away from the toilet during the day, That radiotherapy has really messed up my toilet habits. Spoke to Christies but they said tamulsolin is the best for me. I have to arrange my own PSA tests a week ago with the local clinic but still no word about appointments from them yet :cry: Bloody useless at my local place.
My next urology appointment is in August at Bolton hospital for flow tests & bladder scans & I have to take those PSA results with me, Not sure how many of those PSA tests I’m supposed to book myself as nobody has said owt. Hope you get back on the road to good health soon.

I didn’t lancupn , I just couldn’t understand which illness they wanted details as I’ve a long list i after trying for nigh on 2 weeks got hold of dvla medical dept who said they wanted details of my cancer as doctor had put it on hgv medical form , which did suprise me as it’s the last one I thought they’d not be interested in , but loads of questions about blackouts , seizures , adapted vechicles etc ,I guess there’s assorts of symptoms associated with cancer , but I must admit I didn’t inform them when diagnosed with cancer
Sounds like your going through the mixer , hope you get there eventually
And must admit my new urology nurse is very lackadaisical, got letter for next psa , not had a letter with results from last , and should be due mri , but heard nothing

Spoke to Boston , lady said that they regularly get letters from dvla asking for information on patients , said I should be fine as just active surveillance, looks like you should inform them of the cancer or theyl know when doctor put it on your medical form form for license renewal

What a joke this is turning out to be! I was supposed to make appointments for a series of PSA blood tests over three months ago to see if the PSA levels are dropping before I go to my urology outpatients appointment in August. I haven’t had a single test yet :frowning:

It’s been like banging your head against a wall for the last three months trying to sort this out with Bolton hospital, my GP & Christies.
Finally got to the bottom of it yesterday! The reason was because my follow up details were not on the system & nobody could find my details until yesterday :cry: It’s being sorted now thankfully.

lancpudn:
What a joke this is turning out to be! I was supposed to make appointments for a series of PSA blood tests over three months ago to see if the PSA levels are dropping before I go to my urology outpatients appointment in August. I haven’t had a single test yet :frowning:

It’s been like banging your head against a wall for the last three months trying to sort this out with Bolton hospital, my GP & Christies.
Finally got to the bottom of it yesterday! The reason was because my follow up details were not on the system & nobody could find my details until yesterday :cry: It’s being sorted now thankfully.

I’m baffled why your dealing with your gp as other than my original examination I’ve not dealt with gp for last 3 yrs , any questions over treatment goes through my urology nurse ( new one is not as good as old one though )
I spoke to her this week about mri as due one , but no rush as apparently I’m not of any concern to them ( which is good in a way , but things can change so should keep upto date on psa /mri scans )
Though I am lucky as mrs does chase things up , my medical secretary
Hope you get sorted , I’m having the same issues ( not prostrate related ) , apparently they’d booked me in for surgery when I was told it was just a chat about how I was getting on , mrs spent today sorting it all

dozy:

lancpudn:

I’m baffled why your dealing with your gp as other than my original examination I’ve not dealt with gp for last 3 yrs , any questions over treatment goes through my urology nurse ( new one is not as good as old one though )
I spoke to her this week about mri as due one , but no rush as apparently I’m not of any concern to them ( which is good in a way , but things can change so should keep upto date on psa /mri scans )
Hope you get sorted , I’m having the same issues ( not prostrate related ) , apparently they’d booked me in for surgery when I was told it was just a chat about how I was getting on , mrs spent today sorting it all

I’m having to deal with my GP to get these PSA blood tests done at my local clinic because urology wanted it this way!!! I don’t know if it’s to take excess appointments away from the hospital for a procedure that can be done locally at my clinic.
It’s hard work getting anything done via my GP as he still wont take phone calls or face to face appointments unless it’s life threatening & this has been going on since the outbreak of covid in 2020, He’ll only accept emails & it can be days before he replies to them or not at all as is the case now for my repeat prescription medications, Already a week behind with that.

lancpudn:

dozy:

lancpudn:

I’m having to deal with my GP to get these PSA blood tests done at my local clinic because urology wanted it this way!!! I don’t know if it’s to take excess appointments away from the hospital for a procedure that can be done locally at my clinic.
It’s hard work getting anything done via my GP as he still wont take phone calls or face to face appointments unless it’s life threatening & this has been going on since the outbreak of covid in 2020, He’ll only accept emails & it can be days before he replies to them or not at all as is the case now for my repeat prescription medications, Already a week behind with that.

Interesting , my mrs gets all my prostrate , diabetis blood tests done at Grantham hospital , if there down for doctors she just changes them to hospital ,if there down for Boston / Lincoln she just changes them to Grantham , if I’m down for a blood test at docs in morn , hospital in afternoon she just gets them done at same time at hospital , urology arnt bothered , nor it seems are doctors as long as blood tests are done
Must be different areas , as I say other than original examination at doctors I’ve never seen them for anything prostrate related

Hallelujah! I finally managed to track down the head honcho at the Christies oncology dept to try & get these PSA blood tests sorted out & hey presto the next day I receive the first appointment for PSA tests. Had the first one done at Bolton hospital yesterday. Better late than never I suppose. :slight_smile:

lancpudn:
I’m into the second week of four on this radiotherapy treatment at Christies Salford, Although you feel nothing whilst the machine does it’s thing there are after effects which have now started to show!
A feeling of discomfort down there & I’m back to struggling to pee worse than ever, Trying to empty my bladder has never been as bad or painful.

I’m going to the toilet over eight times per night & still struggling to empty my bladder. They said this would happen & if I cant empty my bladder at all they gave me an emergency number to call them, I suppose it’s going to get worse before it starts to get better with them bombarding my prostate with on this machine. A TURP procedure was mentioned & looking it up online I hope I don’t have to go through with that :open_mouth: nhs.uk/conditions/transuret … tate-turp/

All clear on PSA count, but due to enlarged prostate causing issues i had the Turp procedure 2 days ago…
Yes it sounds like a scary procedure, but i had an epidural then sedated as i did not want to be awake :astonished:
After 2 nights in LGH starting to feel better, just taking it easy. 2 to 4 weeks on sick leave (full pay :smiley: )
Regards emptying bladder did the mention ISC? Again scary when told what to do, but you get used to it. Been doing for a year now until my procedure, hopefully not again.

andy187:

lancpudn:
I’m into the second week of four on this radiotherapy treatment at Christies Salford, Although you feel nothing whilst the machine does it’s thing there are after effects which have now started to show!
A feeling of discomfort down there & I’m back to struggling to pee worse than ever, Trying to empty my bladder has never been as bad or painful.

I’m going to the toilet over eight times per night & still struggling to empty my bladder. They said this would happen & if I cant empty my bladder at all they gave me an emergency number to call them, I suppose it’s going to get worse before it starts to get better with them bombarding my prostate with on this machine. A TURP procedure was mentioned & looking it up online I hope I don’t have to go through with that :open_mouth: nhs.uk/conditions/transuret … tate-turp/

All clear on PSA count, but due to enlarged prostate causing issues i had the Turp procedure 2 days ago…
Yes it sounds like a scary procedure, but i had an epidural then sedated as i did not want to be awake :astonished:
After 2 nights in LGH starting to feel better, just taking it easy. 2 to 4 weeks on sick leave (full pay :smiley: )
Regards emptying bladder did the mention ISC? Again scary when told what to do, but you get used to it. Been doing for a year now until my procedure, hopefully not again.

I’m fearing they’ll recommend that TURP procedure when I go to the urology dept in September, I’m no better peeing after the month long radiotherapy at Christies I did four months ago than I was before. Still no word of the PSA blood test result I had the other week at Bolton hospital to see if it’s dropped.

Got a new urology nurse , mrs said Sharon was maybe moving too a new role , rang me & said she was moving , & I’d have a new nurse , new nurse rang & seems more of a abi ( 1 st nurse I had ) , very much on top of things , psa booked straight in , sorting out mri which she said should of been booked by now , asked where was my preference for having psa / mri done was ( Grantham ) , said fine I’ll sort it , asked a few questions & said there very happy with how things are going , any issues ring her straight away
Mrs saw abi at Lincoln when she was there for week , said asked about you & was so pleased your ok , all lovely lasses

dozy:
Got a new urology nurse , mrs said Sharon was maybe moving too a new role , rang me & said she was moving , & I’d have a new nurse , new nurse rang & seems more of a abi ( 1 st nurse I had ) , very much on top of things , psa booked straight in , sorting out mri which she said should of been booked by now , asked where was my preference for having psa / mri done was ( Grantham ) , said fine I’ll sort it , asked a few questions & said there very happy with how things are going , any issues ring her straight away
Mrs saw abi at Lincoln when she was there for week , said asked about you & was so pleased your ok , all lovely lasses

That’s good to hear about your urology nurse being on top of things, I wish it was the same here. Still haven’t heard anything about my PSA test over three weeks ago & still cant get in touch with the right people who could tell me the results.
I’m off to my local clinic for my three monthly prostap hormone jab shortly & that was a complete ball ache setting it up myself again, Only got the box with the injection in it yesterday after weeks of trying to set it up. I’m more than fed up with things at my end.

lancpudn:

dozy:

That’s good to hear about your urology nurse being on top of things, I wish it was the same here. Still haven’t heard anything about my PSA test over three weeks ago & still cant get in touch with the right people who could tell me the results.
I’m off to my local clinic for my three monthly prostap hormone jab shortly & that was a complete ball ache setting it up myself again, Only got the box with the injection in it yesterday after weeks of trying to set it up. I’m more than fed up with things at my end.

Seems poor really , I’ve had other issues lately & results , treatments are pretty quick , within days 99% of the time , though I do get the odd hiccup, sat in a&e when I should of been on a ward ,
Hopefully you get sorted as must be frustrating

dozy:

lancpudn:

dozy:

Seems poor really , I’ve had other issues lately & results , treatments are pretty quick , within days 99% of the time , though I do get the odd hiccup, sat in a&e when I should of been on a ward ,

Yeah real poor communications here, I got a message on my phone last night & was invited to fill in an anonymous survey for my doctors practice, Boy where do I start with that!, It’ll take hours to document all the failings I’ve had over the last 12 months.

lancpudn:

dozy:

lancpudn:

dozy:

Yeah real poor communications here, I got a message on my phone last night & was invited to fill in an anonymous survey for my doctors practice, Boy where do I start with that!, It’ll take hours to document all the failings I’ve had over the last 12 months.

According to the mrs our doctors was in special measures , I didn’t upto lisense renewal even know who my doctor was , only time I go there is to have diabetic checkups & that’s done by nurse , who just puts everything on pc & I never hear any more , other than fill in another blood pressure form ( never hear anymore about that )
All other illnesses are done by Grantham / Boston / Peterborough & now have to see a specialist at queens notts , but most is now Grantham , just have to travel if I have to see specialist
I’d put it all down & something might get done .