Pro's and Cons of Truck Driving

Hi all,
Considering a career change at 36. Anyone made the decision to change their whole career good points/bad points about the job. I’m worried I may have difficulty finding work/gaining experience.

Any feedback appreciated

Hi and welcome to the truck net zoo,yes driving for a living does have its up sides,being able to see parts of the country you wouldn’t normally see,being your own boss all day being left to get on with it normally,but stupid o clock starts given the run round,hardly any time at home with late finishes and early starts,a minefield of rules and regs to deal with.
Driving is a job you want to do not because you have to if it isn’t it will run you into the ground in no time and get disillusioned soon,but if you do want to its the best job out there oh and it’s getting warmer and ladies seem to be wearing less already,(Plymouth last Saturday plenty of eye candy about he he ).
As for finding work maybe worth trying local agencies to see what works about or looking what companies are near you to see how many firms there are
Hope this helps

Jeff.

I say go for it, I did back in January after landscaping since I left school I then decided I fancied a change.
I’ve had some good days where everything goes lovely. Then I’ve had days where it all goes to pot, but I put most of that down to being a newbie and trying to get everything done. I’ve now learnt to chill and it’s going alot better.

Hardest part was finding a job, I gave myself a month to find a job direct before going to agencies. Lucky for me going round to firms really paid off, so I’d highly recommend doing that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Doing a mult drop all the way around the coast of Wales, it was like being on a coach tour, admiring the scenery .
The same in Scotland .
Cons are sleeping in laybys being rocked all night by passing lorries.
Parking places that are full up by 17.00 onwards , then finding somewhere to stop over at night .
Rude and ignorant goods in staff who turn their back to while waiting at the window .
Fork lift drivers that assume they own the place .
Upset them at your peril and be told to wait in the naughty corner .

Just bear in mind that you will probably have to go through some crap before you get anything decent.

Bit like dating, but longer hours.