Property for sale with an o licence

Im after a property that has an o licence in place. These are pretty hard to come across.
Im looking for the south east or east midlands area. Owner operator set up. Unit and trailer only.

My place is for sale i have an operators licence for 4 trucks and 2 trailers but i am located West Wales 20 miles end of M4

Can you pm details bud

I thought the O license applied to the haulage company, not the property and that the property was what was named as an operating center?

Conor:
I thought the O license applied to the haulage company, not the property and that the property was what was named as an operating center?

It does, think OP after a place that has already gone through hoops of being suitable property for previous granted one so it’s just a formality of swapping to a new O licence in their name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:

Conor:

It does, think OP after a place that has already gone through hoops of being suitable property for previous granted one so it’s just a formality of swapping to a new O licence in their name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It just shows the property has had an o licence. Just a formality.
Basically. Im a newly qualified transport manager who has a seasonal business where i woukd like to drive 4 months a year in the summer. Or. Run a truck on a 4 on 4 off basis.

YOU need to have the O Licence. Not the property. You need to show financial standing, a named Transport Manager if its for a Full Licence, how many vehicles and of what type YOU wish to operate.

And just because there is an existing ‘O’ licence operating from a site, there is no guarantee that no one will object. One place I usd to go to as an agency driver had a yard in a village. Most of the houses had been built after the yard was established, but that didn’t stop a shed-load of objections at every renewal. First, he could only go one way out and in, then the hours were restricted. If anyone, even people who were delivering in, went the wrong way (there was no weight limit in force), someone would be straight on the phone. He gave up eventually and a dozen locals lost good jobs.

i think that was the way harris of harris and miners went down devon way, so instead of most trucks leaving on Monday and back Friday now the industrial estate created has trucks coming and going all day every day,

Remus:
Yes. It just shows the property has had an o licence. Just a formality.
Basically. Im a newly qualified transport manager who has a seasonal business where i woukd like to drive 4 months a year in the summer. Or. Run a truck on a 4 on 4 off basis.

The problem you’ll have is that if there is an existing haulier there that this will have an impact on whether you can or not. A particular operating center will be deemed only to be suitable for a certain number of units and trailers. If the operator there is already maxing out that amount on their O license, even though they may not actually be using all the allocation but retaining a couple unused for expansion/spot hire, it could prevent you from being able to get an O license there.

Setting up a haulage business with an O license just for 4 months operating a year is daft, you’d do better just signing up to an agency and getting paid to drive someone else’s motors.

Not going to happen is it, you lease a lorry and pay an annual lease with maintenance costs etc, then only drive it for four months a year? Doesn’t add up, you would have too high running costs for a few months income, how do you pay the remaining 8 months on the lease and the yard etc.

Remus:
Im after a property that has an o licence in place. These are pretty hard to come across.

I’d imagine they would be, considering It could only be possible if you were intending to share use of the premises with the current occupier who were in possession of an O licence, but the licence would have no relevance to you, infact it would probably do more damage to your application chances than anything.

In the other possible scenario, where the location was registered as the previous occupiers operating centre, again, would not have any relevance to your application.

You are required to go through the exact same application process regardless of the history of your intended operating centre, it’s unavoidable unfortunately, and there are no shortcuts.