Proper job

Has his tipper body come up or was he just too high?
If it was me I wouldn’t be giving people photo opportunities dressed in full hi viz as he is,.I’d be keeping a low profile,.and hiding somewhere, totally ■■■■ embarrassed. :smiley:

That bridge is signed at 14 foot google.co.uk/maps/@52.59495 … 384!8i8192

I think…

The site he just left is about 50 yards away. There’s a JCB in one of the photos. Might explain why he was still raised.

yourhavingalarf:
I think…

The site he just left is about 50 yards away. There’s a JCB in one of the photos. Might explain why he was still raised.

There’s a site being built just across the field from me. Tippers come in, lift up the back to tip the aggregate and then set off down the road with the back still most of the way up, slowly lowering at the pace of a snail. Good thing there’s no bridges around here as I could see the same thing happening. I guess they’re in such a rush to get another load in for their boss that they don’t have time to wait 30 seconds for the back to fully lower before setting off down the road. :unamused:

It beggars belief that a driver could not notice, by way of the truck’s handling, or in the mirror/s, that the bin was still up. :open_mouth:

Yeah, tippers drivers have a hard-won bad repute, the funny thing is how many of them revel in the “bad boy” image

Never driven a tipper but surely they have something in the cab to warn the driver the body is up in the air?

drover:
Never driven a tipper but surely they have something in the cab to warn the driver the body is up in the air?

They have two, they’re called mirrors.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

drover:

They have two, they’re called mirrors.

Thought you were going to say brain cells :laughing:

Meanwhile short cuts round the Swindon Oxford Road junction roadworks don’t always work out

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new … h-marston/

“This time it was only a bridge that got hit, but how soon until it’s a person?”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’ll soon become non-news worthy seeing the driving standards lately - rushed/slashed tests, ‘‘professional’’ drivers in HGVs driving like Lewis Lamilton (mostly tippers/bulkers but also some curtain-siders), can’t even hold the vehicle in their own lane at bends because they can’t do less than 58 in a 40/50 limit, let alone take time to plan route or observe signs…It’s stupid. 3rd year of driving HGV and I gotta say I’ve never seen traffic/driving so bad as in the last 1 month and that includes all kinds of vehicles/drivers

ETS:
It’ll soon become non-news worthy seeing the driving standards lately - rushed/slashed tests, ‘‘professional’’ drivers in HGVs driving like Lewis Lamilton (mostly tippers/bulkers but also some curtain-siders), can’t even hold the vehicle in their own lane at bends because they can’t do less than 58 in a 40/50 limit, let alone take time to plan route or observe signs…It’s stupid. 3rd year of driving HGV and I gotta say I’ve never seen traffic/driving so bad as in the last 1 month and that includes all kinds of vehicles/drivers

100% of agree with you. The rush to get new drivers in the industry is no doubt going to ■■■■■ the already pretty poor driving standards. I know at a few supermarket sites it used to be you go out with a driver for a few days to learn the ropes if your a new starter. Now its starting to be “Just practice a bit in the yard your reversing then your good to go”.

drover:

Not necessarily, I used to drive a hiab-hookloader dual-purpose vehicle, no warning light or buzzer for: crane, tipper body or sheeting system on massive vertical boom arm.