Proper flatbeddin

top job there fella and an old sheet thrown over machinery and such like stops your sheets getting knacked

Dan Punchard:
I LOVE STRAPS,AND BUNGEES GET THAT SHEET TIGHT AND FOOT DOWN NOT BOTHERED WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY LOL!

As I said I have heard such steering wheel attendants have sneakerized there way into the industry DANIEL.

1970commer:

Dan Punchard:
I LOVE STRAPS,AND BUNGEES GET THAT SHEET TIGHT AND FOOT DOWN NOT BOTHERED WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY LOL!

As I said I have heard such steering wheel attendants have sneakerized there way into the industry DANIEL.

:smiley: :smiley::wink:

Some days you could get away without sheeting up, but this was flat work and no mistake, 10 tons of animal feed from Oldacres Mill at Skeffington for delivery to farms all around Derbyshire, notice the severe lack of pallets under the bags. Then rope tying practice with 52 Klinn trailers on the lorry and trailer, each pair needed packaging inbetween and a rope crossing over each way or they would not get to the end of the Industrial Estate.

1970commer:

Dan Punchard:

Good job you dont go over the water ROBERT, no straps on show over there means getting a tug by the law every time they see you .

Dan Punchard:

1970commer:

Dan Punchard:

Good job you dont go over the water ROBERT, no straps on show over there means getting a tug by the law every time they see you .

He crosses over the Trent occasionally Dan! :wink: Nice work Rob, never got involved in technical stuff like strapping myself as I had sides and a taildoor! :slight_smile: .

Pete.

Some of the stuff i’ve done or had dealings with.

3013.jpg

2007.jpg

336.jpg

asco volvo.jpg

1970commer:
Thought I would put some of my attempts at roping & sheeting & proper flat loads on here, apparentley there is a train of thought amongst some drivers (or rather steering wheel attendants) that it’s ok to sheet up a load and then put straps over the sheet, I was always taught the straps go on the load then you sheet up and finally you rope it. We can all make a decent job of a nice square load, like it always shows in a book, but when you have machinery or something with sharp corners on or an odd shape to it, that’s when the sheets get ripped or flap in the wind after the first 2 miles.

Bit more awkward shaped, roll about on the back, don’t scratch the paint, mind the sharp corners, must be kept dry, high value, machinery, on a 5 drop load.

Can’t see the point in sheeting that up Robert,its out door machinery after all.

Dan Punchard:
Can’t see the point in sheeting that up Robert,its out door machinery after all.

Its all about pride in the job and presentation to the customer, if a manufacturer insists on outdoor machinery getting to his customer in showroom condition they choose a high quality haulage contractor who can deliver the goods, none of this chuck a net over, pull the bungies tight and off we go DANIEL ha ha.

Moose:

A bit more work loading this one moose, didn’t stack very well as all the bales were to loose in the strings, I know of some operators who live not far from you or me,(he knows who he is) who wouldn’t give a toss about the looks of the load, but that shows what the haulage industry is sinking too.

Copy of scan0025.jpg

I did a few loads out of a place that made grain bins, they were disassembled, but basically consisted of galvanised beams and preformed sheets, it had to be sheeted :cry:

Same thing with a full load of galvanised beams, almost 30ton of the stuff all seperated by dunnage so it ended up about 14’ from the ground in total, it may have been sat in the yard as it ■■■■■■ down for a week before I picked it up, but it had to be sheeted before it was allowed through the gate :unamused:

Ours is not to reason why…

Some tidy sheeting there, 1970commer, good job driver :sunglasses:

image.jpg