Projects at home,

#1 wifey has decreed that this year is when we sort out the gardens and drive so this summers projects are the back garden/decking and drive,

back garden was a bit of a mess…
Since then have landscaped the lawn and added gravel round the borders
The front was a bit more a challenge

Still work in progress but getting there
Now room for both Landrovers and the wifes reasonably priced car :slight_smile:

Anyone else got any works in progress? if so lets have some pics :slight_smile:

And now you’ve got the stately home drive sound when coming home. Looks good. I do have a project at home but I’ve bot started it yet. My VW campervan is undergoing a part restoration this year. Most of the back end is being replaced. Thankfully my younger brother is a mechanic so he’s doing it for me!

You upgrading the engine as they are a touch underpowered

Looks very smart chap . A couple of years ago my better half decided that she would like a summer house , so we had a look about for prices and me being me said I could build one and save a fortune . It took every day off for about 2 months and small fortune but she loves it . :slight_smile: Best of all I get the pleasure of painting it :wink:

Hedge row half cut down in 2011.

180bhp tractor with a quickie loader to pull the roots up.

Nearly done.

Better now, no big hedge to cut.

Most folk know about my new motor ive been building/getting built. its more than a summer project though its been ongoing since feburary.

nearly finished though test drive tomorrow :smiley:

Started like this

With the donor car/engine

Engine in

New interior (Cobra Suzuka in as a drivers seat)

Slammed it on coilovers

got these wheels at the weekend for it

Theres still the front end to get back from the paint shop and reattatch that, every bush has been replaced with uprated race bushes, the flywheel has been replaced with a lightened one (the original one was 9kgg the lightened one was 5.4kg) also the clutch was replaced aswell as the gearbox.

I’ve resized and replaced the last two pictures so as to fit the screen. dd. :wink:

kr79:

Mine isn’t, shes an original 2 litre injection. Will cruise with modern cars no probs.

switchlogic:

kr79:

Mine isn’t, shes an original 2 litre injection. Will cruise with modern cars no probs.

Its a big help. A guy lives near my mum has a early 60s one. Looks great but he upgraded the engine as it was so undrrpowered.

rebuilding this (the car)

after this happened

and occasionaly helping out with things like this

What sorta power is your rex putting out?

pretty much finished my car today

Before the rebuild it was 310hp but as the engines out I’m doing the following

Single turbo conversion
Stronger internals cryogenicaly treated seals etc
Full custom standalone ECU
Bigger primary and secondary injectors
Braided lines everywhere
Twin fuel pump
Premix setup
All EGR ■■■■■ deleted etc etc

Should give me about 450-500hp at the wheels

should be doable with the right parts.

they sound mental on full chat aswell. my mate has the older rx7 (the fc) (jap import so has probably been wrapped around a few crash barriers) hes looking to up the power from 280 to 400,well find out soon if he has.

ill just leave this non turbo 500 hp rex here

youtube.com/watch?v=5NZmUkA5rGQ

Yeah mad mike is a bit of a legend in the rotary world with both his rx7 and rx8,
My engine builder is in the process of building a 3 rotor 20b for his 7. Because nigh on 700hp isn’t enough for him.
I won’t start on how much all of this is costing

I can only imagine how much its costing him.

I was going to build a 13b turbo AE86 until i looked into the cost of doing it…made my eyes water quite a bit.
So i went and built an M3 touring lol.

You seen mad mikes mate with the quad rotor Lexus gs300…with 1300hp…OHYA!!

Well to make everyone feel better when they have to spend £300 on a head gasket to rebuild my engine has cost me £2900 so far and another £2000 in performance parts, I could of done it cheaper but my mind works in strange ways usually along the lines of “whilst the engines out I may aswell”

Oh and a basic 20b triple rotor build £15000 minimum,
Some may say we are mad but you can’t say anything until you have driven a sorted rotary

and thats the bit that scares me with rotarys. lol

and it goes on, I decided I needed a new office, so we converted the old brick spider shed …

this was our old brick spider shed- called the spider shed because it only was used for the local spiders to live in… none of us dared to go in there, some of the buggers were the size of a family car !! :slight_smile:

with only access from the decking

so we knocked through from the utility room

bricked up old doorway and fitted new window

New window at far end, insulated, plastered , wired including internet and radiator, flush fitted LED lights due to the low ceiling height

Blinds, office furniture and its ready to go… however Lucy has decided she wants it now… so

My office stays where it was, but I demanded ( begged) for it too get a revamp

so from this

to this

That look a lot better

gogzy:
Most folk know about my new motor ive been building/getting built. its more than a summer project though its been ongoing since feburary.

nearly finished though test drive tomorrow :smiley:

Started like this

With the donor car/engine

Engine in

New interior (Cobra Suzuka in as a drivers seat)

Slammed it on coilovers

got these wheels at the weekend for it

Theres still the front end to get back from the paint shop and reattatch that, every bush has been replaced with uprated race bushes, the flywheel has been replaced with a lightened one (the original one was 9kgg the lightened one was 5.4kg) also the clutch was replaced aswell as the gearbox.

I’ve resized and replaced the last two pictures so as to fit the screen. dd. :wink:

well ive been hiding for a while, got this finished last year went a bit further with it too.