Programme Volvo FH remote key fob

Any ideas how to programme these to the truck without getting robbed at the main dealers??
Thanks.

I doubt anyone else can do it, captive market Caruthers.

I lad has offered to do it for £50, and recons it’s a process you have to go through rayher than a laptop job

Search for “auto locksmiths”
They will probably charge £100 for a new key. Less, to just reprogramme an old key
I’ve only done this with a car, not a wagon

Its for the remote locking key fob, not the key itself

Its a dealer only job, we have the software for the Volvo but still cannot do it.
Most dealers in the UK dont want to know or are not able to do.
Hence the reoson that I disabled the alarm and immobiliser (still has the immobiliser on the key)
Overriding the keyfob is not very difficult, but the problem is that the alarm doesnt enable anymore.

I have just bought the truck, it has 2 sets of original keys, but no fob. I suppose i need to take it in anyway as it has the 5 min idle shutdown which is bloody annoying and not handy when using the trailer winch or leaving lights on when loading.
I am presuming it would have had keys originally and will have the remote receiver in the dash somewhere.

I had a Volvo with idle shutdown but it could be over-ridden by increasing the rpm by the tiniest amount using the idle speed control, have you tried that?

Yep tried that. I just dont want to have to leave the box lights on during a load out and end up with flat bats…

Cold Up North:
Yep tried that. I just dont want to have to leave the box lights on during a load out and end up with flat bats…

how will the batteries go flat if the engines running on a fast tickover :question:

Probably the wrong time of year, But there was a guy doing a roaring trade at a carboot sale near Blackpool at Norcross. He cut keys, recoded them, did the keyfobs, the lot.
He only charged a few quid.

Because it has auto shut down after 5 mins and loading could be 2-3 hours