Profits before Safety?

How many companies are expecting their drivers to still run against all official advice not to drive unless absolutely necessary…■■

Surely there is a duty of care issue to be addressed here…!!

Answers on a postcard !!/■■

We were sent home as so many people got stuck…A6 A45 A43 A14 and all minor roads stuffed so he said you and the trucks are more important. Go home and we will call you if situation gets better.

Off too Calvert in the morning going to Sutton COutenay then down to SLough then across too ipswich ready for run up too Derby sat morning. And looking at the met office site it dont look good :wink: :wink: :wink:

fair play to your bosses buddy

Wtf does don’t travel unless it’s nesessary mean? How often do people think I’ll just have a drive down the M1 for the fun of it?

Mr B:
Wtf does don’t travel unless it’s nesessary mean? How often do people think I’ll just have a drive down the M1 for the fun of it?

Are you the next Drew whathisname off the ice road? PMSL…it aint that bad for gods sake its a sprinkling of white stuff if people drove according to the conditions it’s fine… :wink:

Have been told to decide myself if its too bad to go out, then call in. Only reason we got sent home was that too many people didn’t heed advice… TO DRIVE WITH CAUTION!!! WTF!!! THAT MEANS SLOW DOWN DONT USE YOUR BRAKES TOO HARD and KEEP THE WHEELS TURNING SLOWLY!!! FFS.

We were stood down today at 05.00, apart from about 5 deliveries after 10.00 that were on major routes & with confirmation from garage that forecourt was clear of snow and ice.

But we were kept onsite till 15.00 … the correct descision was made, a driver last week is on a disciplinary for delivering on a forecourt that was icy. He had delivered, but on exiting site the trailer started to slip on the ice and was damaged ( not sure what it hit )

We are told to make a mental risk assessment before entering a site!!! which in the real world is not alway’s possible.

Been all around Wales this week it is Ok for the main but have been in a van and some of the really tight roads in the sticks have been bad but not unpassable, you just gotta go slow and use the ruddy gearbox… :unamused:

Whats all the fuss about, fair enough down south but around the NW it seems OK :stuck_out_tongue:

Mad Dan aint so mad at all, glad i aint the only one who is not ■■■■■■■■ themselves about a BIT of snow!!! Thought maybe i was suicidal or summat…

Just take your time keep all supplies in truck “just in case” whats the problem? 3 foot of snow then fair enough, but upto 20 cm’s…behave!!!

I was always told that its down to the driver to decide and no matter what the company says they cant force you to do somthing you deem dangerous, same as loading and unloading if your not happy with the load then its down to you to say somthing to rectifiy it.

Had a txt at 06:30 this morning, not impressed as it woke me up!!! anyway TM said Take it easy and if it is not safe park up and speak to your planner.

Clarky:
Mad Dan aint so mad at all, glad i aint the only one who is not ■■■■■■■■ themselves about a BIT of snow!!! Thought maybe i was suicidal or summat…

Just take your time keep all supplies in truck “just in case” whats the problem? 3 foot of snow then fair enough, but upto 20 cm’s…behave!!!

lol well said, some of the people who my missus work with couldnt get to work because of snow, at the time none had fallen in swansea lol their excuse was if it does they wont get home .

on monday I could’nt even get to work and was told to go to my local depot in turn no one was going out and tuesday we didnt leave the yard either. it was still covered in snow and ice so our manager asked us to try to get the yard drivable so that the late staff could get out.the main roads around london have been ok although the early hours of this morning the A1 was a bit dicy soon after Hatfield. But I just took my time im in no hurry.I get there when i get there in one piece hopefully

Clarky:

Mr B:

Are you the next Drew whathisname off the ice road? PMSL…it aint that bad for gods sake its a sprinkling of white stuff if people drove according to the conditions it’s fine… :wink:

Have been told to decide myself if its too bad to go out, then call in. Only reason we got sent home was that too many people didn’t heed advice… TO DRIVE WITH CAUTION!!! WTF!!! THAT MEANS SLOW DOWN DONT USE YOUR BRAKES TOO HARD and KEEP THE WHEELS TURNING SLOWLY!!! FFS.

i know what you mean but its not always your fault if it goes ■■■■ up. if the bird in front decides to come to a full stop and do the left ,right, left ,right checking instead of just keeping a eye out and keeping moving a lot of the problems could be avoided , once youve stopped it can be a nightmare to get going.
my collection today is a tight uphill turn to the right to get in the yard, all was going fine , kept it rolling and was going up into yard o.k , untill ■■■■ in office decides to drop barrier down so he could check me in, common sense would be get me in yard then get my reg, trailer no etc .but no he had to stick ridgiley to rules . [ dont think hell do it again as i kinda lost my rag with him :imp: :imp: :imp: .
so even if we drive to the book , it can still go ■■■■ up

well got sent home today, i think its the first time ever, loaded out of plymouth and started up to kent, gets a call from the tp told to take my truck into the workshop and have the clutch replaced and have the day off tomorrow, got 2 parked up in wiltshire because of the snow, boss reconds its not worth the risk of damaging the kit, sooner give us a nice long weekend off, fair play to the man :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

We are told to do what we can, theres no repercussions if we don’t deliver, but there can be if it goes ■■■■ up.
I managed round Sheffield and High Peak today without many dramas, although I did get stuck twice (one old dear stopped on compacted ice in a dip to let a landrover by, I couldn’t reverse to get a run up so the shovel and salt came out, and I got stuck in potholes in a car park on my break, again not too much drama).

I’ll not put myself or joe public in a situation where I don’t have a safety margin and if that margin disappears I’ll stop till I get it back.