Professional Truckers Club

Hi not sure if this is the right place but is anyone a member or is there a proper club or anything for drivers to join like a trade body but not a union i am already in one of them just there is nothing for us the US have a body to join why don’t we. I know there is the FTA and RHA but they are for companies i believe not for solo members, or am i wrong. or do you feel there is no need for a club for drivers

There have been many set up over the years, some come and gone, some still going well, None however seem to offer a great deal in the way of benefits apart from the odd meet up and social evenings at events
Some are local based as far as national goes
unitedtruckers.co.uk/index.asp seem to be one of the ones that has lasted well.
forum.truckersworld.co.uk/viewto … =3&t=21752 a newish one, have no idea if its succeeding

cheers RIKKI i knew you would know why don’t is there a demand for them mate.

If you want a TRADE union, then join unite/usdaw or the RMT…

simple really…

B…

I don’t want a trade union I am in one I wanted a professional club for truck drivers like truck net but a real fta/rha just for drivers

Bungle666:

simple really…

B…

Exactly.

Psst! If you want to join a secret society, make an action like you’re flicking water off your hand when you get to a place where other Knights of The Fridge are gethered. That’s not a spelling mistake by the way, I mean “gethered”.

I don’t think there’s enough “professionals” to warrant a club of their own? :slight_smile:

DrivingMissDaisy:
I don’t think there’s enough “professionals” to warrant a club of their own? :slight_smile:

beat me to it :laughing:

I gether that Scanner comes from roundabout (circule)Dundee way?

Try

pda-uk.org/

(this is not my website)

alamcculloch:
I gether that Scanner comes from roundabout (circule)Dundee way?

No, but I have worked for a few fellows encerclé Dundalk :laughing:

Bungle666:

simple really…

B…

Or URTU which the only trade union exclusivly for truckers, and not part of a wider Union body :wink:

drivergraham:
Hi not sure if this is the right place but is anyone a member or is there a proper club or anything for drivers to join like a trade body but not a union i am already in one of them just there is nothing for us the US have a body to join why don’t we. I know there is the FTA and RHA but they are for companies i believe not for solo members, or am i wrong. or do you feel there is no need for a club for drivers

Probably be able to hold THEIR meetings in a phonebox… :laughing: