Professional drivers/agencies/low pay

golfball100:
Forgive me if I’m wrong but from your post it sounds like you have gone on to agency work fairly recently?

Employers were happy to keep using agency for years for one reason only. Compared to full time PAYE employees, we were cheap.

When was this? I started agency driving 21 years ago and have always been on more money than the employees at the companies I was sent to.

Winseer:
“Choosing” to work for an agency that pays peanuts - that entices people in, because they’ll crowd the unwitting driver out with work.

There are too many who think that “getting loads of work” makes the agency in question “the dogs.”

Dunno about everyone else, but I’ve always wanted to earn as much as possible for as few shifts at work as possible.

To me, taking home £350 for 3 shifts is better than taking home £500 for 6. Then you’ve gotta take off double the commute cost for the £500 as well.

6 shifts work in other words, isn’t the high number it looks… Stop looking at bottom/top lines, and look at the HOURS (including the commute) you put in instead. :exclamation:

absolutely spot on, anyone can be a busy fool