Process after a Drink drive ban for licence return

Currently coming towards the end of a drink drive ban, just wondering what the process for return of hgv entitlement is?

It may not be automatically returned to you, sometimes you have to bite a pillow as you get a second ■■■■ inspection. Have you had the letter yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
It may not be automatically returned to you, sometimes you have to bite a pillow as you get a second ■■■■ inspection. Have you had the letter yet?

I thought after any Ban you had to apply for your entertainment not just hgv .
There was a program on the other day where drivers had not applied for their re instatement of catagories so had not actually had a license

You are right, you need to apply to DVLA but that’s straightforward, it’s Harehills House who often keep the HGV entitlement for an extra 3 to 6 months, and before anyone says it, it’s not double jeopardy.

If you scroll down to the lorries busses section of this, it suggests you have to reapply for HGV / PSV via a D2 form. Then it goes to traffic commissioner who decides of the entitlement can be reinstated possibly via a hearing.

drinkdriving.org/drink_driv … enewal.php

From what I read trying to find this, they will often add a longer wait time as mentioned, but that might depend on circumstances etc.

Of course that doesn’t make it easier to get a job as so most places won’t touch DR10 or similar until its off the licence (10 years from addition?), but that’s another hurdle.

you could always find an address in a non uk country,apply for your new uk licences to be returned and the same day they come through the post ,just hand over your old one that wont have the dr on it to the non uk country in exchange for your new one…
they take your old one and bin it,your new uk one will have a dr that you can show to plod if asked,and t=your foreign one will be clean…you can get a year out of that before an agency ect will need to see a new one,then just work elsewhere…only if you wanted to though?
you need a foreign address and hop across for a foreign medical.
probably just as easy pre or post brexit before anyone comes up with that one.