Problems in Greece

Hi all, after reading jacko22`s “Time to kill” thread I was wondering if there was anyone here who may have got back from Greece and how they got on with all the problems they have been having!!

Or is anyone due to go down that way, stuck out there or had loads cancelled etc:shock:

bullitt:
Hi all, after reading jacko22`s “Time to kill” thread I was wondering if there was anyone here who may have got back from Greece and how they got on with all the problems they have been having!!

Or is anyone due to go down that way, stuck out there or had loads cancelled etc:shock:

We got back, after spending two weeks on Agistri, we took the hydrofoil to Aegina after leaving the trucks on the dock in Piraeus. Apart from leaving my wallet on the bar with a thousand quid in it and my mate standing on a sea urchin, the fortnight passed off fairly smoothly.

We were advised to get out of Athens as the locals were getting restless and there was a bomb explosion in the morning with 5 people killed.

Did I mention this was in 1988? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Apart from leaving my wallet on the bar with a thousand quid in it

Surely you mean “Apart from being gassed with Easy-Start and robbed while I was asleep”? :wink:

There were loads of demonstrations whilst we were there, taxi & buses on strike etc, talking to a security guard at the
venue he was saying that all workers had to take a 30% pay cut & were all needing 2nd jobs to survive!
The biggest problem for us though was finding that Harry’s can’t afford to pay for a chef anymore to do breakfasts!!!

would be nice if those who’ve been to greece recently were to post their trips in the Euro forum rather than the UK forum :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:
Apart from leaving my wallet on the bar with a thousand quid in it

Surely you mean “Apart from being gassed with Easy-Start and robbed while I was asleep”? :wink:

Actually the wallet was still on the bar when I went back, the owner had found it and gave me a right bollocking to look after my belongings :stuck_out_tongue:

I just remembered that I met a lady and her daughter who we were talking to about trucks and transport. It turned out that she was the wife of a haulier in Cheshire and was comparing the cost of her holiday flights and hotel, she was quite put out when we told her it only cost us about 14 quid for the fortnight :stuck_out_tongue:

Had a vehicle tip Athens on Monday, no problems going in or out

Regards

JJSL