Problem

I have a 2008 Merc Actros in cab fridge problem.
Not getting cold at all. Light on dash works and you can here it whirring on start up. The light in the fridge works and the dial is set to max cool. I looked at another one last night and it was actually iced up!!
Is it a goosed, or is there something that can be done?

Sorry can’t help but I have the same problem so I will be watching, hope you get it sorted :smiling_face:

jonesy5573:
Not getting cold at all. Light on dash works and you can here it whirring on start up. The light in the fridge works and the dial is set to max cool. I looked at another one last night and it was actually iced up!!

If the compressor is running and there is no cooling effect maybe the refrigerant fluid has leaked out somehow. Unfortunately it’s not usually simple to top up as you would re-gas an aircon unit, don’t know if repair would be cheaper than replacement?

Im pretty sure in Merc trucks the cab fridges are supplied by a company called WAECO… might be an idea to phone or mail the tech team to see if its an easy fix or will the unit need replacing…
At £500 ish mark to replace seems a very expensive option unless you can find one second hand

waeco.co.uk/contacts/default.aspx

waeco.co.uk/contacts/retail.aspx

Hope this helps

Got my brand new Actros on Tuesday and was pleased to find out it came with a fridge. However, I’ve turned the switch on the dash on but after about 8hrs, it still hasn’t cooled down my bottle of water. Is there another secret switch somewhere to turn it on that I don’t know about or is it broken already?[emoji15]

damoq:
Got my brand new Actros on Tuesday and was pleased to find out it came with a fridge. However, I’ve turned the switch on the dash on but after about 8hrs, it still hasn’t cooled down my bottle of water. Is there another secret switch somewhere to turn it on that I don’t know about or is it broken already?[emoji15]

Should have go an XF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have you read the handbook ■■? :wink:

norb:

damoq:

Should have go an XF [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Have you read the handbook ■■? :wink:

I’ll have a read tomorrow. Didn’t have time to read it when I got back tonight. Night men were chomping at the bit to get hooked up to their trailer. Is TOM buying his XFs from your place?

Not 100% sure ,but they do buy from us …All the DAFs they got for Long Lane came from us

Try this for your coolbox… think this is the switch to turn it on and off…

img9a9cf43125f65dab351f19154577388f_1_--_--_JPG72.jpg

Actros owners manual

www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-tr … t=in-depth

jonesy5573:

Almost certainly the vents are blocked by dust/ bits of paper/ a spunky sock. Try clearing those out first.

Swampey2418:
Try this for your coolbox… think this is the switch to turn it on and off…

Actros owners manual

www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-tr … t=in-depth

That’s the switch I’ve turned on. It lights up but the fridge isn’t cooling. Looks like I may have a duff one.[emoji22]

norb:
Not 100% sure ,but they do buy from us …All the DAFs they got for Long Lane came from us

I don’t know how do they do it. They are renting out brand new V8 scanias and I’ve heard they are cheaper than hiring direct from Scania.

isn’t there a temp control switch on the fridge ?

TOM must have some clout ,though they are big coy ,they have a depot in manchester as well as 5 I think up here

norb:

Not that I’ve noticed. It’s a bit of a bugger cos the fridge is on the passenger side so you can’t reach it from the drivers seat easily.[emoji36]

damoq:

norb:

Not that I’ve noticed. It’s a bit of a bugger cos the fridge is on the passenger side so you can’t reach it from the drivers seat easily.[emoji36]

tut tut ,wouldn’t have that issue in an XF :wink:

Hi all, I have been having the same fridge problems with my motorhome. It turns out the fridge has to be within 3degrees of level to work. A motorhome fridge engineer told me this. I turned the van around on the drive and it worked straight away. It went from + 20 degrees in the freezer to -18 in about 3 hours. Might be worth a try. You can get a spirit level app on your phone.
Hope this helps.

norb:

Yes norb. There is a thermostat dial inside the fridge. It was set a zero.[emoji15]
It’s working now.[emoji3]

damoq:

norb:

Yes norb. There is a thermostat dial inside the fridge. It was set a zero.[emoji15]
It’s working now.[emoji3]

Daf to your assistance :wink: