Problem with my Magnum

Maybe Steve could shine a light on this, I’d also be interested in knowing if other Magnum owners have experienced this.

Very occasionally, maybe once every couple of months and usually about 20 minutes after starting for the day, the red light “IMMEDIATE STOP” warning will come up, there is a pictogram of the dashboard in red on the dashboard display, the rest of the dashboard goes blank, all gauges fall to zero.

Stopping, turning everything off, waiting ten seconds and starting up again clears the fault every time, but I’m wondering why it does this and if it’s an indicator of future problems?

Harry.

At the place where I do agency work, there is an owner driver with a 500 Magnum.

When I see him, I will ask if he has had the same problem.

Ken.

Have a similar thing on my Premium , best suggestion I’ve had is water in the wiring loom :wink:

Used to get this, it got more frequent, had foot brake valve change and problem went for a bit and then came back now and again!
Found an old school mechanic (remember them), between us we went through the wires relating to foot brake valve to ecu.
Thing is whith front panel off, took cover off wiring box(loom to cab entry) and the lid had a damp patch, mechanic dipped his finger in, smelt it and said coffee!!!
Not sure we found a definate fault but seseating the relays in that box and reseating the ecu connector resolved the problem.

While at it the loom that comes down from foot brake valve loops, cut the outer sheathing off so any fluid getting in can get out again.

Definitely a question for steve …I am no Renault expert prefer my DAF :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …though I would imagine it may be a wiring issue ,a body computer issue (DAF call it a VIC don’t know Renaults name ,or maybe a software issue requiring an update ) He was on here earlier today

Happens on Magnum. Premium and Midlum Harry - Normally it a “communication” problem on the can- bus between the Vehicle ECU and dashboard (ICU). If it gets stuck pull the trim of the display and undo the securing screws - Remove and refit both plugs and it should be o.k. It’s one of those intermittent Renault type glitches you could through a fortune at :cry: :cry: bit like the gearbox reduced function one that has no effect on the gearbox except the warning lights on :unamused:

neversweat1:
Happens on Magnum. Premium and Midlum Harry - Normally it a “communication” problem on the can- bus between the Vehicle ECU and dashboard (ICU). If it gets stuck pull the trim of the display and undo the securing screws - Remove and refit both plugs and it should be o.k. It’s one of those intermittent Renault type glitches you could through a fortune at :cry: :cry: bit like the gearbox reduced function one that has no effect on the gearbox except the warning lights on :unamused:

n

Last time I plugged my premum into Renault Exeter’s computer there was a can-bus error showing, concensus was that we do nothing about it :wink:

used to get this now and then on our 480dxi just turn off restart and all is well, i could never get to the bottom of it :unamused: :confused:

burnley-si:
used to get this now and then on our 480dxi just turn off restart and all is well, i could never get to the bottom of it :unamused: :confused:

bit like the gearbox reduced function one that has no effect on the gearbox except the warning lights on

this one comes on with the ebs/abs fault, since ive had the abs fault sorted after £1300 :confused: , i had a fault in the ebs ecu that was stuck in there so got a second hand one that sorted that, then ■■■■ about with computers only to find the hub was a little worn and the exciter ring was moving once it got hot :imp: , but at least its all sorted and ready to go up for sale :grimacing: