Probably one for the guru's

Had one of those strange and plain weird things happen today…I had a thought!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
It is probably a really dumb question…
Your not employed by the company therefore not drawing a wage!
How do you stand if your given a weeks unpaid work (no contract signed) with regards to insurance on a truck?

You’ll probably find that Companies have an open policy which carries the following wording or something similar :

Any person driving with permission of the vehicle owner subject to holding the require licence type

I know my Commercial Insurance had that written into it for the Van that was insured for Business.

tonka236:
Had one of those strange and plain weird things happen today…I had a thought!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
It is probably a really dumb question…
Your not employed by the company therefore not drawing a wage!
How do you stand if your given a weeks unpaid work (no contract signed) with regards to insurance on a truck?

hi mate

i would to protect yourself is confirm with the firm you would be insured most company insurance polices say

that any employed person with the permission of the policy holder can driver as long as the driver as the required licence for the type of vehicle to be driven

cheers delboy.

its one of those things ive never come across and therefore didnt no what was right/wrong. ive always been under the impression that you have to draw a wage from the company (therefore being employed) to be able to drive their vehicles on their insurance like.

always one to keep in the brain draw for the next time

Davey Driver:
You’ll probably find that Companies have an open policy which carries the following wording or something similar :

Any person driving with permission of the vehicle owner subject to holding the require licence type

I know my Commercial Insurance had that written into it for the Van that was insured for Business.

Thanks DD. it was put to me by a company and having never been in that position i didnt entirely no which way to go about it, and with the wealth of knowledge on here i thought best to clear it up