Probably a stupid question!

ROG:
Oh dear, I’ve lost or misplaced my digicard this morning so will need to do manual printout for this assessment drive :wink:

Oooh look, I found my digicard later that day :smiley:

I did try that once at an interview/assessment with steady eddie and they said I wouldn’t be able to attend!!! In the end I went and used my digi, dint take the job and nothing was mentioned about the abnormal reg… So guess no1 noticed right!!!

Kerbdog:
Just tell the company you work for that you don’t want to use your digi card for the reason you’ve stated. You may get a truck with an analogue tacho, if not just do a print out and do a manual entry if the company will let you.

Just do what i did recently on assesment (and they understood) was tell them you dont want to use your card so used the assers card…:wink:

DAF95XF:

Kerbdog:
Just tell the company you work for that you don’t want to use your digi card for the reason you’ve stated. You may get a truck with an analogue tacho, if not just do a print out and do a manual entry if the company will ilet
Just do what i did recently on assesment (and they understood) was tell t :neutral_face: hem you dont want to useo your card so used the assers card…:wink:

Would you want to work for a company whose assessor trainers operated like this? You will need to produce your card before assessment for. Copying then try your luck with the assessor
If he’s DSA instructor you may not need your card I wouldn’t take anyone out who could not produce license and card this is standard procedure in reputable companies.

gggary:

DAF95XF:

Kerbdog:
Just tell the company you work for that you don’t want to use your digi card for the reason you’ve stated. You may get a truck with an analogue tacho, if not just do a print out and do a manual entry if the company will ilet
Just do what i did recently on assesment (and they understood) was tell t :neutral_face: hem you dont want to useo your card so used the assers card…:wink:

Would you want to work for a company whose assessor trainers operated like this? You will need to produce your card before assessment for. Copying then try your luck with the assessor
If he’s DSA instructor you may not need your card I wouldn’t take anyone out who could not produce license and card this is standard procedure in reputable companies.

They saw my licence and digi card - it was a driving assesment an hour or so before i started work :wink:

You could use the assessers card, i’ve done it before, was over my hours so he told me to use his.

Saaamon:
You could use the assessers card, i’ve done it before, was over my hours so he told me to use his.

But as has already been said. Would you want to work for someone who is happy to let you flout the rules like that.

You would also have to consider the insurance, you don’t work for the company your taking a assessment with, and if you don’t product your driver card how would there no you have one because as you know if you have no got your card with you (or should i say told him that ) the assessor can’t take you out legal anyway.

k21pilot:
I got a phone call on Friday about a job I applied for months ago, they want me in for an assessment drive and interview and it’s a job I really want! But…I already drive for another company, a small family company and they won’t appreciate me going for another job, there will be repercussions!

So the stupid question is, on the assessment drive will I have to use my digicard in the tachograph:? The company I work for at the moment won’t like another vehicle flagging up on the computer when they download my card!

Advice is much appreciated.

dar1976:

Saaamon:

But as has already been said. Would you want to work for someone who is happy to let you flout the rules like that.

Personally I’d be happy to work for a company that let me flout the rules when I wanted to :smiley:

But I wouldn’t work for a company that expected me to flout the rules whenever they wanted me to :imp:

Sadly the two usually go hand in hand :frowning:

Well, I went for the assessment and it went well (I think) just have to wait and see! Ended up using the digicard anyway hopefully nobody will notice :open_mouth:

alamcculloch:
If you are an employed driver then why are they making you do an assessment anyway?I would understand if you had a brand new license and no experience.They must know that using your card in another truck could have repercussions for you .

And you driving their truck without using yours has repercussions for them and I can guarantee you they’ll be more bothered about themselves than any issues you’ll have with your employer.

k21pilot:
Well, I went for the assessment and it went well (I think) just have to wait and see! Ended up using the digicard anyway hopefully nobody will notice :open_mouth:

Good luck - hope you get good news :smiley:

Just a thought, but do you have to put your card in?

I had to have mine with me when I was assessed for NobbyDobbies, but I didn’t use it. While I was driving, I wasn’t working as I was not being paid for the driving.

The tacho is to record your working time is it not? I mean there is nothing to stop you from doing a full days paid work in an artic, then driving your own 4t van home without a tacho is there.