Prob a tax scam

Just got a GOV.UK message proclaiming a tax refund.Quick google check…seems like a copper bottomed scam.Be warned folks,no clicks whatsoever. :open_mouth:

i get between 10 and 15 every week between emails and txts…always the same crap from the taliban…if one of them was original or if they had a brain between them to come up with something different then it might be worth a peek,but they all just work from the same predictable script day after day after day…
actually,the thought just struck me,its on a par with jts/101 posting capabilities… :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog999:
i get between 10 and 15 every week between emails and txts…always the same crap from the taliban…if one of them was original or if they had a brain between them to come up with something different then it might be worth a peek,but they all just work from the same predictable script day after day after day…
actually,the thought just struck me,its on a par with jts/101 posting capabilities… :laughing: :laughing:

No, they are using these stupid scripts for a reason. It’s to weed out the gullible, right at the start. They know that those who are gullible enough to believe the initial message, and reply, are gullible enough to be strong along and cough up money. The last thing they want to do, is come up with a believable story, and having to deal with many more responses, only for most of those to come to nothing down the line. That’s why they hate baiters so much. A good waiter can keep them occupied for a considerable time, wasting their time, and hopefully money, if they are operating from a internet cafe or a mobile phone.

(Check out 419 eater if you fancy a good laugh. )

I’ve had 3 voicemails on my landline over last week telling me HMRC have issued an arrest warrant on my and I should press 1 to speak to a police officer [emoji23]
All three have been the exact same recorded message [emoji23]

nomiS36:
I’ve had 3 voicemails on my landline over last week telling me HMRC have issued an arrest warrant on my and I should press 1 to speak to a police officer [emoji23]

Am guessing those are to mega-extortionate,‘phone companies’ no…?

Happens every year around March / April time usually.

HMRC only write to you about refunds and then send a cheque if you don’t fill-in the details on the details of your bank online.

The number the calls came from is 02071 838645. London number I think. Obviously I have been ■■■■■■■■ myself waiting for the feds to kick the door in and handcuff me at gunpoint because I haven’t rung back or pressed 1 [emoji23]
Why can’t these ■■■■■■■ just get a proper job and contribute something to society [emoji35]
They boil my ■■■■ just like the ■■■■■■■ that broke into my girlfriends house last week, smashed the patio door window, and took the spare keys to her car! A 12 year old Hyundai FFS!

nomiS36:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
first thing to do with any phone is switch off the voicemail option.
if someone wants you for something important,then they will call back.
ive tried to buy 5 different campervans on ebay in the last 2 days with every one of them coming back trying to scam with the same old script.
thats apart from the 2 or 3 hundred block campervan scam ads that are instantly easy to spot and ignore.
i used to pass the time reporting them,but i gave up as they are instantly binned and blocked,but all they do is instantly pick another name and fire them back online again…
come to think of it,thats also just like reading ukdrdampntrampjtsrowley pish again… :laughing: :laughing:

[emoji23]
If I could work out how to switch off the answerphone I would. I never use the landline so I never answer numbers I don’t know.

I like to think that in a palace somewhere in Nigeria there is a dead Prince decomposing whilst surrounded by trillions of dollars that he tried in vain to give away for years!

I’ve had several tax rebates over the past decade - but I never got an email from govuk about it - ever.

I’d still be suspicious. The scam isn’t this “advance fee fraud” thing everyone seems to think it is, where you send a payment in advance of getting any money coming the other way, only to never see or hear anything again…

I’m talking about these sites that harvest your personal details as you apply “giving your details for verification” - especially your NI number, and data from your most recent P60…
Give a scammer that - and they can then go and apply for loans in your name, or even put a lien on your house, in certain circumstances…

IVA invitations, Fines sent that only have a single snapshot photo of your vehicle, offers of cheap flight bookings, and anything else that seems too good to be true - don’t even bother replying.

The only reason these scammers try it on so much - is because nothing happens to them if you successfully work out that it is a scam!
If you contact the police - what are they going to do, after all?

contacting the police works two ways.
i get several calls every week from what will be guaranteed muslim sounding taliban ranging from the uk accident centre,to various other companies.
living in my own timewarp brought up in glasgow racist non pc world,then depending on my general sense of wellbeing at the time,they get replies ranging from a quick 2 words ending in off,or they genreally just get a verbal assault of extremely bigoted and racially motivated abuse that would make sheriff beauford t justice and j w pepper proud of me.
what can they do??..nothing as the only reason they called was to steal money from me so they cant report if they are on the receiving end of some heavy verbals.
to me they get the same treatment if you caught one in your house burgling you.
all they are trying to do is steal from you so in my book they deserve all the contempt you can give them ( with the added bonus of not getting arrested for doing so.)
so if your having a bad day,contact a muslim scammer and direct your rage in their direction…its just free stress relief.

for the ones that send the txts…i made up a wee reply…as follows.

thankyou for contacting the christian white supremacy england for english support line.
we will now automatically debit your phone £3.00 daily to support our mission in expelling undesirable muslims from the uk.
thank you for your help in keeping britain for the british.
todays slogan is…
DONT UNPACK.YOUR GOING BACK…god bless you.
to unsubscribe from your charges please txt STOP. three times.

This census coming up - is going to be fun, what with BBC licence payers and the entire British public so far told “you must do this, as non-compliance is a criminal offence”…

I reckon that a load of people will rebel this time around - and not bother to give any details of anything to anyone - chancing that “Not much will be done this particular time around” - which I’ve also heard is apparently going to be the last time a census is carried out…

What better reason to ignore it, and not play along dishing out your details that can all too easily be used against you fraudulently?

I have had this tax scam email , it had several reference numbers on it , all of the numbers did not match up and they used the word fiscal , of which i think is an American term , when you check the senders email address , it is a made up rubbish one like speedy recovery .