Pro nav at maplins £199

has anyone bought one of these yet? they look good and are very competatively priced but do they do what they claim.

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod … p%20online

I’m seriously thinking of getting one…the old TomTom on my PDA needs upgrading…

the only thing thats holding me back is can i import my poi files onto it.

according to pronav no you cant import your own poi’s

im wait for a unit to reveiw :laughing:

just get a tomtom one its just the same but without all the jiggery pokkery - all that low bridge crap doesnt work, a bridge in lanark signed at 14’3 -the sat nav said 14’6 never used it since :open_mouth: - cheap tomtom does the job - just keep your wits about you :laughing: !

merc0447:
just get a tomtom one its just the same but without all the jiggery pokkery - all that low bridge crap doesnt work, a bridge in lanark signed at 14’3 -the sat nav said 14’6 never used it since :open_mouth: - cheap tomtom does the job - just keep your wits about you :laughing: !

Probably some very good advice!

Just bought a sony nv-u83 from here amazon.co.uk/Sony-Slimline-P … _rhf_p_t_1 and must say it’s the best satnav i have used it even lets you choose the route profile for lorry,car ,cycle ect.Had a delivery from newcastle to battersea then collections in london and it never put a foot wrong even found a small industrial estate that was not in the a-z,it also comes with free safety(cough cough)camera warnings for 1 year and the 4.8 inch screen is easy to read.You can also save routes,and save your own destinations.Only problem i had ith it ,was it thought that there was still roundabouts at worksop ,blyth,ect on the A1.

merc 0447 what sort of sat nav unit was you using when you mentioned the low bridge in lanark?

Mr B im goner get a pronav tomorow from maplins they sound just the thing

it was a tomtom 1 with a low bridge poi from lowbridges - think i paid £20 to download it as well - it probs works 99.9% of the time but i wouldnt trust the low bridge software as far i as i could throw it. but i have nothing against sat navs, used right they are a great tool.

merc0447:
it was a tomtom 1 with a low bridge poi from lowbridges - think i paid £20 to download it as well - it probs works 99.9% of the time but i wouldnt trust the low bridge software as far i as i could throw it.

I’d not trust the weight limit thing either as there’s no national database of them and you’re lucky if the local authorities have a clue what there is or is not in their area.

killer100:
Mr B im goner get a pronav tomorow from maplins they sound just the thing

I called into maplins on canal rd today and they’d sold out!
If you find one let me know if it’s any good.

Mr B said on website of maplins there was 2 in stock lol the canal rd branch, saying that you can always get one from the leeds branch.

If i find one ill let you know mate. :smiley:

Conor:
I’d not trust the weight limit thing either as there’s no national database of them and you’re lucky if the local authorities have a clue what there is or is not in their area.

personally i never trust anything i’m told but a sat nav that doesn’t direct me up and down country lanes must be a worthwhile tool to use

i got one and it is just the job, especially around london!

Just bought one today mr B from wakefield last one in stock, hey kemaro they are a bit slow at loading up your route not tried it yet but will tomorow.

I set a route from bradford to fakenham and it wants me to go down M1 then on A14 that way total time 4 hours 49 min my tomtom 920 is only 3 hours and 36 min going the A1 then A46 which i normaly go.

Hope its not like that all the time or i will never get any work done and would be driving all day lol.

In general kemaro how are they, not meaning in london?

cheers

steve

they are good for loading as it shows parking restictions and times etc… if im travelling anywhere specific i generally plan a route with a map or look on google for an idea of where to go and be.

Ive just bought one today from Leeds - they had 2.
Killer100 - I can’t get mine to pair with my mobile? Have you tried yours?

Don’t know if that Turkish driver on the news just now,had one.
But he left Turkey for Gibratar.
Ended up in Gibraltar nature reserve Scotland.
Buy maps!!!

DaveL:
Buy maps!!!

The best map in the world wouldn’t help a terminally stupid person.

Mr B:

DaveL:
Buy maps!!!

The best map in the world wouldn’t help a terminally stupid person.

Quoted for truth.

Wonder if they’ll make a euro version? If so, I’d replace my garmin pretty sharpish.