Private Reg Plates

People who buy these and then adapt the numbers/lettering to suit their own names is now starting to 8ecome a j0ke!

At least one in every fifty cars passing me has had a D turned into an 0, E turned into an 8 with a coloured cap or some other change.

I would not worry you don’t pay the fine if the rozzers pull them over.

Colin_scottish:

But do they ever get pulled?

Every truck in our fleet has a private plate…

Seems to make the planners jobs a bit easier when ringing in and identifying the truck and it’s driver…

Goldfinger:

Seems to make the planners jobs a bit easier when ringing in and identifying the truck and it’s driver…

We get by with fleet numbers.

bobbya:

Goldfinger:

My place of work they just use our name.They do get pulled.

Goldfinger:

Same as ours…well nearly all the fleet…[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bobbya:

Colin_scottish:

Never see the police out on the roads anyway. Even when they are, they’re more interested in mobile phone, insurance, speed etc rather than a questionable number plate that may or may not spell someones name.

I’m guilty of it. :blush:
My wife’s name is Anja, and I bought her a plate a few years ago with ** 4NJA.
It looks ok to be fair.

I nearly paid 3 grand for a name specific plate for my car but decided that £22 to deed poll to change my name to RJ11 BVP was a far better deal.

:blush:

the maoster:
I nearly paid 3 grand for a name specific plate for my car but decided that £22 to deed poll to change my name to RJ11 BVP was a far better deal.

:laughing: :laughing: …Are you here all week or what?

robroy:
:oops:

the maoster:

I’ve got BE11 END.

eagerbeaver:

robroy:
:oops:

the maoster:

I’ve got BE11 END.

Could not be more appropriate. :laughing:

Hammy747:

bobbya:

Colin_scottish:

Never see the police out on the roads anyway. Even when they are, they’re more interested in mobile phone, insurance, speed etc rather than a questionable number plate that may or may not spell someones name.

thats a good point. in my area i see the lower ranks mostly parked up at folks houses, probably taking details after a break in? when you think about it that probably takes up a few hours each day, driving to scenes of break in and scribblin down notes

corij:

Hammy747:

bobbya:

Colin_scottish:

thats a good point. in my area i see the lower ranks mostly parked up at folks houses, probably taking details after a break in? when you think about it that probably takes up a few hours each day, driving to scenes of break in and scribblin down notes

Its the reason why the government and the police keep going on about how recorded crime is at an all time low! Its not because they’re doing a good job, its because people don’t see any point in reporting crimes like theft nowadays because the police won’t catch anyone, or even if they do they won’t do anything worthwhile with them. Its just seen a waste of time. Only thing worth doing is ringing them to get a crime number that you can give to your insurance company.

Hammy747:
Its the reason why the government and the police keep going on about how recorded crime is at an all time low! Its not because they’re doing a good job, its because people don’t see any point in reporting crimes like theft nowadays because the police won’t catch anyone, or even if they do they won’t do anything worthwhile with them. Its just seen a waste of time. Only thing worth doing is ringing them to get a crime number that you can give to your insurance company.

Living in the ghetto, the only time we see the police round here is when they’re kicking in doors or checking tax discs, and they don’t even have to do that now!

bobbya:

Goldfinger:

+1

A friend of mine has a sign making business and does number plates. His premises are opposite a garage that does Mots. His biggest money spinner, making correctly spaced number plates for cars that failed for incorrectly spaced number plates. :laughing:

Interesting reading this as I’ve just bought a number plate from dvla (BO11 OXS) to stick on car I’ve ordered, and no dodgy spacing reqd