Pritchard Brothers Anglesey (Gaerwen)... Any Pics?

Its a long shot but was wondering if anyone out here had any pics of Mick Pritchards fleet from the late 80’s■■? When they were green!

My dad drove for them and was Transport Manager before Mick died and the company was then eventually sold to L E Jones (Maybe someone else before hand briefly?)

Particulary interested in photos of any of the below…

1. A983 HKB Scania 112m (My dads old Motor)
  2. A*** JEM Scania 112m (Yorkies Motor)
  3. D211 UJC Merc 1644 EPS (What a truck for 1986!)
  4. Alan Grieves’ F16 470 in factory Black (Mega truck!)
  5. Any of the F10’s or F12’s in green
  6. The Renault Turboliner E***WEM (Maybe?)
  7. ANYTHING Else■■?

If any of the above is incorrect i appologise but i was Very young back then!

Anything would be good thanks guys! :wink:

Can’t help you I’m afraid on that one, Gaz.

I’ve often wondered about Pritchard Bros, their name is still on the back of most if not all of LE’s curtainsider trailers. Were they a big firm? They cetainly seem to have run some interesting kit from your list.

From what i recall about 20 units max.

They had some lovely kit, 143’s were the last reasonable thing they got before it ended.

I should ask my dad and the old drivers, given that i know a lot of them!!!

Just come across this one Gaz - hope you like!

Gaz,
I know where there’s loads of photos of Pritchards.
Shagger who works for Hogan’s Bangor got a load of them off Hefina, Micks wife. I’ll phone him later so he can bring them with him to work on monday.

Just remembered now, Derwyn Jones who drives for me use to work for Pritchard’s, he might have some.

Lovely picture that, I can imagine that bloke in the cab is as proud as punch having a picture taken.

Here’s one a nice FH12 in LE Jones’ colours that I took on a Saturday morning in Gaerwen in 1998

I spent most saturday mornings in that yard! Used to go to work with my dad every weekend if i could!

Have only just discovered this thread so i hope i am not too late flagging up this f16. It was shot on the A483 near Llandovery heading for Alcoa Swansea The unit was brand new.

That brings back even more great memories!!! Thanks!!! Gonna ask dad who’s driving that!!!

Sorry Alan cant help on the pics but can help a little on the history side.
Way back in the eighties L.E.Jones. ran in to trouble with the ministry. anyway the ministry were going to revoke Le`s “o” licence as he was running as bent as anything. He would have drivers finishing a days work, coming back to the yard and then sending them off to Devon with a load!
to get around not losing his licence he went and bought Pritchards from Gaerwen, and used their licence to put his own trucks onto as well as splitting the licence in to different divisions i.e. National transport and International transport, as well as Pritchards…
Later in the late eighties early Ninetys he bought a firm out from York area , can not remember their name .
Couple of years ago when he was having trouble again he did the same again only this time he bought a firm out from Bridgnorth which are just across the road from the aluminium factory. Along with one fron Wrexham ( Stones?). Hope this helps.

Steve Dolphin

stevedolphin:
Sorry Alan cant help on the pics but can help a little on the history side.
Way back in the eighties L.E.Jones. ran in to trouble with the ministry. anyway the ministry were going to revoke Le`s “o” licence as he was running as bent as anything. He would have drivers finishing a days work, coming back to the yard and then sending them off to Devon with a load!
to get around not losing his licence he went and bought Pritchards from Gaerwen, and used their licence to put his own trucks onto as well as splitting the licence in to different divisions i.e. National transport and International transport, as well as Pritchards…
Later in the late eighties early Ninetys he bought a firm out from York area , can not remember their name .
Couple of years ago when he was having trouble again he did the same again only this time he bought a firm out from Bridgnorth which are just across the road from the aluminium factory. Along with one fron Wrexham ( Stones?). Hope this helps.

Steve Dolphin

Thanks for the “Interesting” history of L.E.Jones!!! Not sure Trevor would agree with a couple of those statements!!! :open_mouth:

I’m more interested in the Fleet of Pritchards before Mick died, but thanks again!

Gaz,do you remember the Seddon Atki 400s Mick had-I seem to remember he bought quite a few of them :unamused: I’ll try to dig out some pictures,but will have to get a scanner before I can post any.I’m sure I’ve got one of Gwallt with his F88 290 somewhere as well.I know George Grieves,Alan’s(RIP) brother well,although I haven’t seen him for a few years.I believe he’s with Gwynedd Shipping now??

Sir +:
Gaz,do you remember the Seddon Atki 400s Mick had-I seem to remember he bought quite a few of them :unamused: I’ll try to dig out some pictures,but will have to get a scanner before I can post any.I’m sure I’ve got one of Gwallt with his F88 290 somewhere as well.I know George Grieves,Alan’s(RIP) brother well,although I haven’t seen him for a few years.I believe he’s with Gwynedd Shipping now??

Yeah, George had my Truck when i left Gwynedd (For the 3rd time!). Do you know my dad then? (Alastair). Is that Alan Grieves driving the F16, i was too young to remember what they all looked like?! From what dad said not just anyone was allowed near the F16!

Yeah, i remeber the Atki’s well. I also remember Mick (RIP also) taking me to Holyhead in a Atki Strato(?) Demo (A DAF 95 basically) and hitting 85mph coming down from Tafarn Y Rhos towards Llangefni with me sat on the bunk and mick yelling "70, 75, 80, 85!!!).

I also remeber Wyn JR had a Foden Double drive in the yard at the time, a MAroon one, remember him towin in a damaged wagon of Micks.

Happy Days, real trucking!!! Any pics would be great ta! :laughing:

I was going to suggest that your Dad was Alastair (ex Brian Pritchard). Yes I did know him briefly.Quite a gentleman,and very well spoken.That is definitely not Alan in the F16-he was built like a racing snake!

Quite a Gentleman and Well Spoken!!.. Thanks for that, describes him well!

I’ll tell him you said that!!! Beats "You English *******… which is what he got more often than not!!!

Was a strange old way he ended up in that office, never really understood it myself but him and Mick seemed to work well, and Mick knew that dad had ran his own motors, had a CPC and O-Liscence in his name.

I spent my weekends in that yard, was sheeting and roping by 7 years old!!! Remember all the trucks and the jobs, as i said before, happy days!

Would Dad know you? Whats ur name■■? If you want to tell!!! :wink:

So who is the Mystery F16 pilot then■■? :question: :question: :question:

Yeah,did a bit of part time for Brian Pritchard,also some electrics.Knew Mick,but never worked for him.F16 pilot could be Gwallt :question: Deinitely not Yorkie :smiley: