print outs

got into work last after a few days off and was told office wants a print out every day when I finish :cry: seems a pointless exercise to me, any one else have to comply with this,

Not too uncommon tbh. Lots of folk for some bizarre reason seem to want a hard copy to back up the digital record they already have. Sometimes it’s because they have no idea how to interpret the digital information they can see on their computer, or sometimes they think it is a legal requirement :grimacing:

Anyway, as soon as they realise the price of tacho rolls they generally drop the idea!

Yep, we have this.
Printout for digi every day, as well as a download every day that you use digi, and/or a monthly download too.
I do printout for me too !

Totally unnecessary, digi card has enough info and the truck download data should be enough. Office staff looking for a job creation I think :unamused:

I’ve worked at companies who insist on a printout at the end of every shift as well as downloading the card every shift.

Makes you wonder how any company can afford such waste :unamused:

I can understand the daily download - although it’s a bit OTT. But I can see that it saves hassle if the driver goes sick or walks. But as for a daily printout, waste of paper. Expensive paper at that.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

We have to download our cards every morning before we start, and every evening when we finish.
I cant see what the problem is to be honest, it takes 30 seconds.

kindle530:
We have to download our cards every morning before we start, and every evening when we finish.

I don’t think anyone’s criticising companies for wanting the card downloaded every day, but having printouts to is just a waste of printing paper.

I’ve read somewhere on here that you need to hand over your digi card printouts after 28 days.
Is that a legal requirement?
If so, do I need to keep copies of these printouts for myself?
Would VOSA penalise me of I didn’t hand out these print outs that had made over a period of 28 days?

The other question I would have would be whether there is possibility of taking print out from your tacho after every month or whenever you want to check your hours worked so far, from when you started working for the company, or maybe there is a possibility of taking print out from the system they use in the TM’s office, just by asking TM for a print out for the last few months?
If not where could I get such a print out if I want to check how many hours I have worked so far , so I could calculate my 48 hrs weekly work allowance as I know I work more than that every week, so I could calculate my average over 26 weeks reference period.

Thanks

tachograph:

kindle530:

I don’t think anyone’s criticising companies for wanting the card downloaded every day, but having printouts to is just a waste of printing paper.

It just shows that they don’t understand what their legal obligations are. An operator needs to understand that the operation is compliant, but he doesn’t need to print off paper to prove it, we are in the computer age now. And yes, print-out paper is ludicrously expensive, £5 for a miniature roll of 25p toilet paper. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

tachograph:

kindle530:

It just shows that they don’t understand what their legal obligations are. An operator needs to understand that the operation is compliant, but he doesn’t need to print off paper to prove it, we are in the computer age now. And yes, print-out paper is ludicrously expensive, £5 for a miniature roll of 25p toilet paper. :stuck_out_tongue:

till role works. a full role won’t fit, you just have to tear a bit off.

Harry Monk:

You haven’t got the OD thing sussed yet Harry, that’s MSA and big company prices, you need to shop around , you can get 3 for a fiver on the internet :wink:

depending who the company is , DHL multi user sight in Avonmouth … On 2 of the contracts they want a printout for the client they then clip it to the run sheet that then goes to the client with the paperwork for the shift

Might sound daft, but is it a legal requirement for the printer to have paper in it? A couple of times I’ve got in a wagon at work and there’s been no paper in it. I’ve always put one in and got my spare(s) replaced by transport but just wondered.

limeyphil:

Harry Monk:

tachograph:

kindle530:

Till roll doesn’t work, it has to be a standard of thermal paper that will keep the record for 12 months or 24 months if it is used for RTD records.

I have a receipt from the Spar shop in my wallet from last week and the ink has already faded away.

I have just found a box of unused tacho rolls in my drawer and they were €7.90 for 3

Tarrman:
Might sound daft, but is it a legal requirement for the printer to have paper in it? A couple of times I’ve got in a wagon at work and there’s been no paper in it. I’ve always put one in and got my spare(s) replaced by transport but just wondered.

There’s no legal requirement to have paper in the tachograph, but legally you must carry enough paper to do any printouts required if you get stopped.

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:

Till roll doesn’t work, it has to be a standard of thermal paper that will keep the record for 12 months or 24 months if it is used for RTD records.

Spot on, till roll is no good for printouts that have to be kept, in fact the tachograph printing paper has to meet the requirements of the EU Printout Test Specifications

Won’t someone think of the trees!

Silver_Surfer:
Won’t someone think of the trees!

na they wont fit its gotta be proper tacho bog roll :laughing:

their truck = their rules

if they want to pay for all the tacho rolls, then let them

it is not a legal requirement to do a print out every day