Prince Philip has died aged 99

rward:
switch logic I new this chinese covid was coming 40 years ago and I told my wife and friends over the years if you want il tell you about it regards rowly ward

I’m afraid there are no openings for conspiracy loons on Trucknet currently, the Fantasist department is fully staffed

That slow march behind the Land Rover was timed to perfection, not one foot out of place and fully planted to the drum, the whole spectacle was perfection and I am very proud to be socially associated with The Grenadier Guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s time the UK did away with both Royalty and the House of Lords.

Both outdated and outmoded institutions.

Bring on proportional representation and a constitution .

robroy:

rward:
My.loyalty is to queen and country and did you all notice how our British forces carried out a fantastic job of prosition timing to detail why coz their british and proud and it’s a pity a lot more do not show their loyalty to the best country in the world and switch logic I new this chinese covid was coming 40 years ago and I told my wife and friends over the years if you want il tell you about it regards rowly ward

I’m also loyal to my country,.very much so in fact.
As I said I respect the Queen, it’s the hangers on and parasites in the same family I have little time for.

I’ve never served in the forces, and always regretted that, but I have utmost respect for them.
Their timing and performance comes natural with their professionalism…second to none.

Dunno about cash, but some seem to the regard a version of “droit de seigneur” as their own?

The Duke of Edinburgh was my hero, the real McCoy, an action stations military record and a reputation for calling a spade a spade and if it upset someone then that was their problem - respect to your memory Sir. What a superb show he laid down too for his departure, it couldn’t have been more perfect with the military precision, Horse Artillery, the Bands and the music which forces you to bite your lip: Nimrod, I vow to thee my country, Eternal Father Strong to Save, and the heartbreaking Flowers of the Forest played as a frail little old Lady says her final goodbye sat sitting all on her own. Could any other Country come within a hundred miles…

Some would like to see our Monarchy abolished : and replaced with what?.. Trump?

cav551:
Some would like to see our Monarchy abolished : and replaced with what?.. Trump?

I’m not sure it works quite like that :smiley:

cav551:
The Duke of Edinburgh was my hero, the real McCoy, an action stations military record and a reputation for calling a spade a spade and if it upset someone then that was their problem - respect to your memory Sir. What a superb show he laid down too for his departure, it couldn’t have been more perfect with the military precision, Horse Artillery, the Bands and the music which forces you to bite your lip: Nimrod, I vow to thee my country, Eternal Father Strong to Save, and the heartbreaking Flowers of the Forest played as a frail little old Lady says her final goodbye sat sitting all on her own. Could any other Country come within a hundred miles…

I agree. Deposing a monarchy seems to lead straight into dictatorship.
Whatever your views on monarchy, he deserves respect for his war record alone.
Nobody does pomp and spectacle like the forces. It was a travesty to disband old regimental names and call some infantry ‘the Rifles’.
I remember as a snivelling cadet at Winchester watching the Royal Green Jackets doing parade drills, and being blown away and intimidated by the precise and disciplined display, and also the pride, that comes from a long history fighting for King and Country…could not imagine them feeling the same for a Corbynista led republic.

Janos:

cav551:

I agree. Deposing a monarchy seems to lead straight into dictatorship.
Whatever your views on monarchy, he deserves respect for his war record alone.
Nobody does pomp and spectacle like the forces. It was a travesty to disband old regimental names and call some infantry ‘the Rifles’.
I remember as a snivelling cadet at Winchester watching the Royal Green Jackets doing parade drills, and being blown away and intimidated by the precise and disciplined display, and also the pride, that comes from a long history fighting for King and Country…could not imagine them feeling the same for a Corbynista led republic.

At least we can elect or de-elect Jeremy Corbyn along with any other politician whose standing for political office with the monarchy we have no choice
last time I checked we live in a democratic country
I think once the Queen dies there should be a referendum on whether to keep or abolish the monarchy

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
The Queen has given the country more than enough service.It’s not fair on her to ask her to carry on now.

I’ve a feeling she could step back if she wanted to. She’s hardly an Indentured servant.

So, tell me, where do the royals figure in your giant China conspiracy? You seem something of a royalist

Ironically I was a full on lefty at one time.
Age has taught me a lot since then. :wink:

It’s clear that wherever the Royals stand rightly or wrongly they don’t trump the PM and even the most left of left MP’s for better, or worse.
On that note I think handing over the reigns to Wills is a no brainer for the 90 something HM regardless at this point.
For better or worse and in an ideal world they would have the power to overrule the PM on most issues especially national security. :bulb: :wink:

carryfast-yeti:

Carryfast:

rward:
Goodbye god bless sir total respect for you and your wife the wonderfull queen such a lady we will miss you but the queen will carry on her duties to our wonderfull Great Britain rule Britannia regards rowland ward

The Queen has given the country more than enough service.It’s not fair on her to ask her to carry on now.
She totally understandably really looks like she’s had/done enough.Combined with all the controversies piling up on her on one side and now the loss of her soul mate on the other and age itself in her 90’s.
Time to retire and hand it all over to the next chapter.Ideally skip Charles and let William take over the strain of the job.Charles and Anne need to devote their time to supporting her and being the eldest it’s their responsibility to do it and Charles doesn’t have enough time left to make it worth him taking over. :bulb:

i think it’s only the thought of Charlie boy taking over the reigns that keep’s her going on and on :laughing:

I’m sure that she has the powers to abdicate conditionally on skipping Charles for Wills as her replacement.Also think that Anne and Charles would be acting selfishly and not in the interests of the country to interfere with that outcome.Not to mention not giving a zb about looking after their Mum. :bulb: :wink:

robroy:
I do have respect for the Queen, she has been exemplary in the job that she has done for so long, but she looks absolutely and not surprisingly …knackered, and should pack it all in,.and hand over the baton to whoever.

^ This.

Wills taking it forward now is the only logical choice. :bulb:

Wheel Nut:
That slow march behind the Land Rover was timed to perfection, not one foot out of place and fully planted to the drum,

+1
But who’s idea was it to put a rattling diesel in the thing rather a proper old school purring Rover V8 petrol.If it was The Duke’s idea that would have been the only thing where they should have said sorry sir it has to be the right dignified motor for the job to go with all the rest.

cav551:

Or Macron. :open_mouth: :laughing:

gazsa401:
I think once the Queen dies there should be a referendum on whether to keep or abolish the monarchy

Go for it.
No one could be more of a full on anarchist than the teenaged me.Now after all these decades and seeing that type of spectacle that only my parents’ and Grandparents’ generation knew I get it.I’d like to see the Queen abdicate before her death and be there for Wills’ coronation.Real history in the making. :bulb:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

I’ve a feeling she could step back if she wanted to. She’s hardly an Indentured servant.

So, tell me, where do the royals figure in your giant China conspiracy? You seem something of a royalist

Ironically I was a full on lefty at one time.
Age has taught me a lot since then. :wink:

It’s clear that wherever the Royals stand rightly or wrongly they don’t trump the PM and even the most left of left MP’s for better, or worse.
On that note I think handing over the reigns to Wills is a no brainer for the 90 something HM regardless at this point.
For better or worse and in an ideal world they would have the power to overrule the PM on most issues especially national security. :bulb: :wink:

So?

switchlogic:
So, tell me, where do the royals figure in your giant China conspiracy?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

So?

switchlogic:

Bearing in mind that the Royal view is by definition whatever the government view is and the government obviously doesn’t want to go toe to toe with China so far, the question is moot.
But hopefully HM has never forgot the Yangste incident casualties and who was to blame for them.Nor the fact that appeasement doesn’t work v an aggressor.Although feigning appeasement to buy time arguably does. :bulb:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

So?

switchlogic:

Bearing in mind that the Royal view is by definition whatever the government view is and the government obviously doesn’t want to go toe to toe with China so far, the question is moot.
But hopefully HM has never forgot the Yangste incident casualties and who was to blame for them.Nor the fact that appeasement doesn’t work v an aggressor.Although feigning appeasement to buy time arguably does. :bulb:

So you are vehemently against the Royals? Or for? As you seem rather sycophantic when you talk about them. What about the government then? As in some posts you seem to think the entire western world is in cahoots with and totally controlled by China yet here to seem to think that governments don’t want to upset China and are appeasing them which indicates that you think they aren’t controlled by and in their pockets afterall? I’m confused.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

So you are vehemently against the Royals? Or for? As you seem rather sycophantic when you talk about them. What about the government then? As in some posts you seem to think the entire western world is in cahoots with and totally controlled by China yet here to seem to think that governments don’t want to upset China and are appeasing them which indicates that you think they aren’t controlled by and in their pockets afterall? I’m confused.

You’re confused because you’re not seeing all the different angles.As I said the ability to come to terms with and weigh up two opposing positions at once.
Either they really are terrified of the reds and it really is appeasement.
Or I for one never did mark Chamberlain down as an appeaser.More like the exact opposite the man who fooled Hitler to buy us time and saved the free world in doing so. :bulb:

As for the Royals you do know the story about Edward VIII’s links with the Nazis.
As opposed to King George VI, Louie Mountbatten, and obviously the late Phil.

On balance I think we’re a lot better with em than without em and on that basis the powers of the Monarch should actually be increased to at least equal those of the PM regarding matters of National Security bearing in mind the ultimate allegiance of the forces and that ain’t to the PM.
Politicians are too easily compromised. :bulb:

Carryfast:
You’re confused because you’re not seeing all the different angles.As I said the ability to come to terms with and weigh up two opposing positions at once.

No, I’m confused because you bombard us all with a stream of endless s***. Often contradictory nonsense. Saying as you did previously that being able to come to terms with opposing positions is a hilariously elaborate way to gloss over what it actually is- hypocrisy

I present Exhibit A

Carryfast:
Either they really are terrified of the reds and it really is appeasement.
Or I for one never did mark Chamberlain down as an appeaser.More like the exact opposite the man who fooled Hitler to buy us time and saved the free world in doing so. :bulb:

As for the Royals you do know the story about Edward VIII’s links with the Nazis.
As opposed to King George VI, Louie Mountbatten, and obviously the late Phil.

On balance I think we’re a lot better with em than without em and on that basis the powers of the Monarch should actually be increased to at least equal those of the PM regarding matters of National Security bearing in mind the ultimate allegiance of the forces and that ain’t to the PM.
Politicians are too easily compromised. :bulb:

You’re not anything like as intelligent as you think you are. Have a good evening x

robroy:

rward:
My.loyalty is to queen and country and did you all notice how our British forces carried out a fantastic job of prosition timing to detail why coz their british and proud and it’s a pity a lot more do not show their loyalty to the best country in the world and switch logic I new this chinese covid was coming 40 years ago and I told my wife and friends over the years if you want il tell you about it regards rowly ward

I’m also loyal to my country,.very much so in fact.
As I said I respect the Queen, it’s the hangers on and parasites in the same family I have little time for.

I’ve never served in the forces, and always regretted that, but I have utmost respect for them.
Their timing and performance comes natural with their professionalism…second to none.

My loyalty to Britain has absolutely nothing to do with the Royals. Quite the opposite in fact. My loyalty is based on the fact that, being a post war babe, I had a free country to grow up in due to the efforts of millions of my ancestors in fighting off the threat of WW2. And as I grew up in a country still under some rationing, the government and society ensured that we kids got adequate food, National dried milk, orange juice, milk at school etc. to ensure I grew in a healthy body. And that there was a National Health Service available to me should I get ill. And I got a decent education with free university if my educational achievements merited it.

That’s my Britain to which I feel I owe and everlasting loyalty. I just get a touch angry when I see that we now allow so many kids to suffer in ways I never had to.

But the Royals do not figure anywhere.