Pricing of Pallet Loads

Would anybody be able to advise if there is a formula for working out the pricing for delivering pallets ie running costs, wages, insurances, price per pallet, full load, half load, etc etc

Think it really depends on where it’s going !
Is it local or the other end of the country or abroad !

Thanks Fallmonk for your reply
is there not a general guide to pricing up jobs i.e cost per mile,cost per pallet etc…

A few years ago we got hold of a certain company from Oxford’s price list. Basically it’s a chart where you run your finger across to the number of pallets along the top and then run your other finger down the vertical list which shows you mileages, then you run your fingers together to the total. It’s a bit like a fixture guide. We were amazed at the prices as the owner driver I was working for was charging far less, and still being told he was way to dear by everybody, so how this other firm gets work is beyond me !

A bit like this

thats an impossible question to answer unless you are carrying the pallets to the same place every trip. sometimes it will be per pallet, per mile, per ton, per delivery for multidrop, full load, half load, cubic metres used. any or a combination of all could be used depending on quantity, weight and distance. firstly you need to know your costs, then you can work out what to charge for any particular job. thats the one and only formula.

How long is this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360449460.928340.jpg

The last time I did office cover (which was about 18 months ago) i’m sure we were paying NFT about £30 per pallet,anywhere in the UK…they only do our over loads into Asda…price’s may have changed since :confused:

Some companys in West Yorkshire are paying between £22 & £30 to anywhere in England

Thanks guys for your replies

Full 26 pallet load going 50 miles@ £30 Per Pallet is great price, not so great is going 500miles… Fair whack of diff factors and what is, what where when needs to come into it.

washy jnr:
The last time I did office cover (which was about 18 months ago) i’m sure we were paying NFT about £30 per pallet,anywhere in the UK…they only do our over loads into Asda…price’s may have changed since :confused:

Last company i worked for charged about this aswell, not sure if they charged more for scotland though.

Think most company’s like to simplify it so for example I think Solstor took waitrose off funstons for £20 per pallet so they make a killing on the local loads and probly break even or lose on the Scottish loads. DHL do JLR for £400 day rate up to miles and £2 for any mile beyond that. As usual you just charge whatever you can get away with. Ralphy Davis wants £450 per load before he’ll turn a wheel.

Horses for courses.

200 miles DHL, JLR that is.

Bear in mind that £30 per pallet for NFT/Langdons would be effectively pallet network rate, so they have to collect from local supplier sort it at warehouse then forward it.