Pricey for a re-test?

I was quoted £350 for a class2 re-test, that’s with one hour warm up beforehand.
Is that roughly the going rate? It was by ‘drivetrain’ in Letchworth which aren’t on the recommend instructor list, so I’m a bit wary.

You don’t say if that is the company you failed with. We charge just the £115 test fee for our students that need a retest and that includes 4 hours use of the vehicle. On the very rare occasions when we accept another trainers retest candidate we charge £314. That typically includes 2.5 hours pre test training and the use of the vehicle for the test itself.

LGVTrainer:
You don’t say if that is the company you failed with. We charge just the £115 test fee for our students that need a retest and that includes 4 hours use of the vehicle. On the very rare occasions when we accept another trainers retest candidate we charge £314. That typically includes 2.5 hours pre test training and the use of the vehicle for the test itself.

If the £314 includes the test fee, then that is better and an hour and a half extra beforehand.
Yes, I failed with them recently so them charging £350 is a bit of a rip-off really then.
I’m thinking of trying somewhere else - £50 an hour, minimum of 4 hours training, option of using an auto and the mod 4 is cheaper than the above company too. And they’re in the recommended list. It’s just getting used to the test routes in another area that I need to worry about.

On the occasions when we have to provide a retest, we charge £270 for the test fee and vehicle for test incl VAT. Any further training is on a “buy one, get one free” basis. We are delighted to make a modest profit on the course but don’t feel the need to carry on making money from someone just because they got it wrong on the day.

Because our test centre is on site, candidates are not obliged to have time before the retest. Our figures demonstrate that it’s perfectly possible to return after a couple of weeks, jump in the vehicle and pass. But, of course, there are those who will benefit from an hour or two beforehand - either to reinforce a topic or just for peace of mind.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Angloman:
If the £314 includes the test fee, then that is better and an hour and a half extra beforehand.

Yes the test fee is included in that price.

Angloman:

LGVTrainer:

Yes, I failed with them recently so them charging £350 is a bit of a rip-off really then.
I’m thinking of trying somewhere else - £50 an hour, minimum of 4 hours training, option of using an auto and the mod 4 is cheaper than the above company too. And they’re in the recommended list. It’s just getting used to the test routes in another area that I need to worry about.

Dont be as I done my Cat C up here in the North East failed CE then went down south to se John ( LGV trainer ) 1.5 days then test passed totally different vehicles & totally different area

With my driving school I was quoted 216 but thankgod I passsed first time. Way to much money just getting one go at it

Did my class 1 with these, when they were called Herts Roadtrain.
My training partner sadly failed his ce test and was quoted around 50% of what the entire ce course cost as a retest fee (600 ish ?)