Prices for empty pallets

haven’t sold any for a long time but got a bonus today…I delivered in west London this morning and as an unexpected bonus I was given 22 4way empty pallets (nothing on my paperwork, the flt driver just brought them out!) so I drove away bloody quick. Yay, result…I stopped at Keele services where I know they buy them, and was paid £33 for 22 pallets! Huh■■? I questioned that amount & was told “take it or leave it” I used to get £2 a pallet about 12 years ago when I was driving for Danzas…when did the price go down■■?

:open_mouth:

last year , because of police surveillance ANPR cameras at keele services

There’s a place on knowsley industrial park, he pays good money. he also takes IBCs, cages, and chep pallets.

You did alright tbh. Depends a lot on the quality really, with the lighter ones not being worth much at all.

And anyway £33 brucey bonus, some people are never happy… :laughing:

limeyphil:
There’s a place on knowsley industrial park, he pays good money. he also takes IBCs, cages, and chep pallets.

Where on Knowsley Ind Park?, and how much does he pay for 4sided cages and 2sided cages? Thanks

I am a waste of skin:

limeyphil:

Where on Knowsley Ind Park?, and how much does he pay for 4sided cages and 2sided cages? Thanks

IBCs and cages are usually about £5.00ish.

Silver_Surfer:
And anyway £33 brucey bonus, some people are never happy… :laughing:

I’m perfectly happy, £33 is £33 that I didn’t have before I sold. :smiley:

The value of your investment can fall as well as rise.
Past performance is no indication of future performance.
Terms and conditions apply.

villa:
last year , because of police surveillance ANPR cameras at keele services

How come the police and vosa never use these things to collar some pi keys nicking diesel & caravans, & harassing people for handouts?

If they were pretty decent heavy pallets I think they’ve done fairly well there. Best thing is to find a couple of regular places to go near each other and just drop it into the conversation you know or go to the other place. I’ve often found it surprising how many extra notes they can get out if they think you might take them down the road to a competitor.

Some places don’t pay much or don’t pay at all for weathered/lightweight/broken ones so it’s a good idea not to take them at all unless you know they’re happy to take them.

That’s not that bad a price.
We have a standing agreement with a local company where we get £1.50 for a decent pallet or £0.50 for a damaged one. Our drivers drop in there after a run and tip them, money gets paid to the company and it goes in their wages. As close as we get to a bonus these days!

There’s a place in Crawley that was paying £2 a pallet last year but haven’t been there since about last July.

About 20 odd years ago I used to do an evening trunk to Norwich in a van, we had tons of pallets in the yard that no drivers wanted so I use to fill the space in the van and sell them on the way up if I got away sharpish. They paid 50p for a crappy pallet and £2.50 for a Euro pallet. Was a good little earner especially as the overtime for doing the trunk run was £15 a time.

A1 at Barton services pays up to £4 for a good euro pallet.

There is a good pallet yard along the A127 Off Junction 28 of M25…They buy ALL sizes as well including printer pallets… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Euros £2.00 - £2.50.

Standards £1.00 - £1.50

Another good one is just off Hanger Lane/A406 up Alperton Lane.

A heads up with regards IBC’s if you get your hands on some spares contact your local LGV training company and swap them for a dcpc course. As of Sept this year I think all LGV test must be carried out with a load on. IBC’s will be in demand soon :slight_smile:

If you want to sell them to me I will give you the £5 mentioned above pm me :slight_smile:

I’ll pay £6!

£6.01 :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone at jack hill cafe buy them ?
As there ■■■■ load of pallets stacked as you leave

Long distance clara:
£6.01 :stuck_out_tongue:

In the words of Harry Monk/Duncan Bannatyne… am oot!