Prestons of potto (knottingley)

Hi all anyone know what prestons of potto are paying i see they are advertising for class 1 drivers…anyone done any work for them

Ring and ask?

Conan the Librarian:
Ring and ask?

Wtf…?

Ain’t Johnnytruckboy just started with them, mail him.

Pimpdaddy:

Conan the Librarian:
Ring and ask?

Wtf…?

That is not how it works now Conan. :wink:

del trotter:

Johnnytruckfest ?
Started last week for them out of Knottingley so he,s your man

chaversdad:

del trotter:

Johnnytruckfest ?

The one who passed his test 5 minutes ago?

DAF95XF:

chaversdad:

del trotter:

Johnnytruckfest ?

What a heinous crime…driving after you’ve passed your test :smiling_imp:

DAF95XF:

chaversdad:

del trotter:

Johnnytruckfest ?

They put him through his CE so think he ws out same day before ink was dry :laughing: :laughing:

Conan the Librarian:
Ring and ask?

Always get one…Best your post are full of the joys of spring…sure you meant to join a forum

Johnny seems to love it. Not many companies now take on newbies to put through their tests.

£8.50 an hour for first 48 hours,£9.20 after that,£23.50 for night out

As synthetic sid said is about right although its for your first 45. Nights out are 23.75. Money ofcourse could be better but i only live 2 minutes from the yard :slight_smile: for aaverage 65 hour week im bringing home about 520 after tax but bear in mind I’m on a lower tax code so would be more than that for most :slight_smile:
As for the work couldn’t get an easier job. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

jonnytruckfest:
As synthetic sid said is about right although its for your first 45. Nights out are 23.75. Money ofcourse could be better but i only live 2 minutes from the yard :slight_smile: for aaverage 65 hour week im bringing home about 520 after tax but bear in mind I’m on a lower tax code so would be more than that for most :slight_smile:

Cheers

65 hours at those rates is only £566 at the top, you only paying £40 in deductions then? :confused:

Synthetic_sid:
£8.50 an hour for first 48 hours,£9.20 after that,£23.50 for night out

Whats rates on night please sid

busteredwards:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

65 hours at those rates is only £566 at the top, you only paying £40 in deductions then? :confused:

I’ll have a look at my wage slip will tell you the exact rates when i get home :slight_smile:

Cheers

They may well be a well respected company but you might as well have a night out unless you are going to do more than 2 1/2 hrs overtime on the day, and that’s not taking the tax on the overtime into account. No wonder they are profitable and have a decent fleet.

They have never been the best payers but its a steady job with decent gear, theres a lot worse about

chaversdad:
They have never been the best payers but its a steady job with decent gear, theres a lot worse about

Plus, theyre nice folks to work for and youre not “chased” all the time. The job takes as long as it takes. Also, a relaxed workplace regarding health and safety…no daft sod out painting yellow lines in the yard for drivers to walk in between. They trust you as an adult to look after yourself at bit and just crack on and get the job done.

cheekymonkey:

chaversdad:

Plus, theyre nice folks to work for and youre not “chased” all the time. The job takes as long as it takes. Also, a relaxed workplace regarding health and safety…no daft sod out painting yellow lines in the yard for drivers to walk in between. They trust you as an adult to look after yourself at bit and just crack on and get the job done.

Sounds about right. A few years back at a regular drop in cambuslang, I came across one of their drivers lying out cold on the ground. He apparently was climbing on top of his load of steel pipes, slipped and fell off the trailer. Eventually came round but couldn’t move. Paramedics were there within minutes and took him away. I found out later he had luckily only jarred his nerves and done himself no lasting damage. Most places probably wouldn’t allow you to climb on top of a load like that.