Preston’s of Potto and S&J European Haulage

It is with sadness that two well known hauliers have just passed away.
Richard Preston of the NE steel movers and Stephen Haines of S & J European Haulage from Melton M in the Midlands.

Gardner6LYT:
It is with sadness that two well known hauliers have just passed away.
Richard Preston of the NE steel movers and Stephen Haines of S & J European Haulage from Melton M in the Midlands.

It is actually David Preston, son of Richard and Anne, who has just passed, only 56, a sad loss to the industry.

Richard (Dicky) Preston died in 2015. David is only a young man at 56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r.i.p. to both, always a sad loss.

My apologies,his full name was David Richard Preston.

He had Cancer and died in a hospice on 13th March. I met him once at Tipcon on the DAF stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started out at Preston’s, Dickie was a gentleman always had time to speak to the drivers, David was like Anne business orientated especially on the steel.
A new fleet had arrived and the first few had been painted, David was guiding one of them back under a flat but was only watching the near side, he heard the crack and snap from the offside as it went under a swan neck and ripped the mud guard and stay off, he looked about for witnesses and did one before Anne and Dickie found out, happy times
Sad loss R.I.P

S & J , that is a blast from the past, I did a couple of Euro runs to help them out in a VW flatbed tilt covered van with a top pod sleeping box for them back in early 1980’s …I remember no sleep ,monster mileage and it was quite well paid too!
Sweet Memories of youth .
RIP Stephen, A gentleman .