Premium 490 auto. Gearbox issues

Hi I have a o5 490 premium which has been faultless until about a week ago. Started being sticky to select reverse in auto box.
Today it decided to throw up warning lights on dash and refuses to select any gear
It won’t let me speak to ecu either

Anyone any ideas on cause or know of one breaking so I can get gear lever to see if that’s cause

Regards

Kev

Clutch. Our Volvo’s did this wouldn’t engage reverse, dash lights up, Sometimes it’s the plug near the gearstick, remove and reconnect, again I’m quoting Volvo, but reno running gear is Volvo, just with French electricky…

It’s a 15 year old mash up of Volvo and Renault parts put together by a frenchman . I’d say you have gotten about 10 years more than expected out of it lol. First port of call would be the famous french wireing loom . Good luck with it .

beefy4605:
It’s a 15 year old mash up of Volvo and Renault parts put together by a frenchman . I’d say you have gotten about 10 years more than expected out of it lol. First port of call would be the famous french wireing loom . Good luck with it .

The fact that you are operating a 15 year old motor says a great deal about the make the operator and the driver and I should imagine you’ll have a few years still left to use this motor.beefy4605 sounds like the sort of gent that anything older than 2 years and that’s not got a Scani badge and 2 chrome exhausts up the back of the cab sort of person,good luck with the repair and keeps posted,and if you are concerned about the motor’s age I know of a well known operator who operated 20 year old C.F. DAFs at 44 tonnes without any problems.