Premier transport

anybody remember this outfit based in st phillips bristol

dryliner:

I seem to recall a BMC artic that they owned being towed into our garage in Reading with a blown engine, that would be around the late 1960’s.

Pete.

Dunno if its the same company but didnt they run a lot of 4 wheelers on parcel work?

Suedehead:
Dunno if its the same company but didnt they run a lot of 4 wheelers on parcel work?

i think they did and had a dept in Cheltenham,i didnt know you know my old drinking partner Ade Cypher so well !!!

Weren’t they a pale blue colour? Used to run lots of Leylands, if I remember rightly…

Piston broke:
Weren’t they a pale blue colour? Used to run lots of Leylands, if I remember rightly…

Terriers ?

shakysteve:

Piston broke:

Terriers ?

Quite probably but the old grey matter is struggling a bit… :smiley:

I have vague memories of D-series boxvans and Buffalo artics too but am probably wrong… :smiley:

dryliner:

HYA mate i remember premier trans BRISTOL i workrd for MYATTS CUDWORTH BARNSLEY and took the odd drop or two in there if thats all we had left on the trailer for CORNWALL them lads used to get them vans plenty drops on :

It was owned by the Russett family if my memory serves me right i think Bob Russett was involved with one of the big parcel boys after Premier finished no doubt some one will know

jastrebsi59:
It was owned by the Russett family if my memory serves me right i think Bob Russett was involved with one of the big parcel boys after Premier finished no doubt some one will know

bob russett helped to set up the palletline network.
his company premier which had depots in bristol and exeter was sold to gregorys

One of Premiers finest. Phil.

RUDDY hell she looks rough :open_mouth:

Whe I worked for STS we did a lot of steel plate fom Creusot-Loire.Very often I had a plate to drop off in their yard.What a performance.They only had a small forklift and the sheets were up to two tonnes.We used to have about five or six of us hanging off the back of the forklift to try and counterbalance.Talk about health and safety.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Numbum:

One of Premiers finest. Phil.

this was probably one of the better ones