PR& citizenship....and English tests

Well being a good dad i took my daughter to Morden for her braces to be tightened …in the same block as the dentist there is a CIC immigration office,so i went in to ask a few questions about the new rules (brought in december).
Do you need to do a english exam for PR if you speak English as first language -----yes you must do IELTS general exam
Do you need to do a english exam for citizenship -------yes ,you can do IELTS general LS.(a primary school rosie & jim type o exam ,).
$280 for general and that will do for citizenship as well (present rules).
$150 for general LS .
On speaking to the staff(Morden ) they are suprised at the number of Passport holders from EIRE &UK that cannot speak ,write english …ie …born in eastern europe ,even one from Kazakstan . :unamused:
jimmy.

Sounds about right

I suppose the other 9 children are hidden behind mum[tongue in cheek]

hutpik:
I suppose the other 9 children are hidden behind mum[tongue in cheek]

They’ll all be on the back cover I should imagine, along with Uncle Boris and his six.

I can see where this is going :open_mouth:

I’m sure we all feel the same way, so let’s leave it at that, this is not the place for a debate on abuse of the benefit system, unless it involves expat lorry drivers :wink:

No debate Mark but does that mean if we all decide to emigrate back to the uk that we are all entitled to these benefits eg a house (with paid rent) probably a cheap car so that we can drive around looking for work that we don’t really want anyway, clothing allowance, money for food etc as we’re coming from abroad.

LOL, only until Dec 2013 otherwise you’ll be at the back of a very long line behind the Bulgarians . You know the pack drill , jonny foreigner before the natives :laughing:

I did see it referred to as doomsday the 1st of January 2014