Poxy fucking night heater

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could help. My night heater in my M.A.N won’t kick in. It worked last week tried using it Monday night and nothing tried again just now and nothing, just checked the fuse but that’s fine, what’s my next port of call? :frowning:

does the LCD screen light up when you press the buttons?

does the timer work?

can you hear the fuel pump ticking when you try to switch it on?

more info needed than “it worked last week” :unamused:

Sorry mate my bad,

Screen lights up, turned all the programmes start times off etc, trying just press the main button, no noise nothing

Are you getting the 3 little wavy lines coming up ?

Reset button on top of heater ■■

if the three little wavy lines come up, listen outside to see if the pump on the main diesel tank is clicking

shuttlespanker:
if the three little wavy lines come up, listen outside to see if the pump on the main diesel tank is clicking

Also try setting heater to different temps, just clutching at straws really. :confused:

Yeah the 3 lines are coming up but no noise coming from anywhere tank included

Nothing blocking air intake :question: Had this in the past, when junk under the bunk has got pushed / slid against intake :unamused:

Last time I had a problem with mine checked all the usual, glow plug ,fuel pump ticking etc,still wouldnt fire.Smoked a lot then cut out, restart it same again, disconected fuel pipe at heater whilst pump ticking away, no fuel, disconnected outlet on fuel pump whilst ticking away, no fuel, removed stack pipe from tank, small gauze filter on the bottom, blocked solid, cleaned reassembled, heater fired within 60 secs

Think I just have to grin and bare it our firm dont really like us doing anything more than changing a fuse/bulb on the trucks

Maybe it’s too warm for it to kick in! :confused:

lol its lovely at the moment windows and sun roof open at the palletforce hub, but early tuesday morning at like 03:00 it was ■■■■■■■ freezing :laughing:

try unplugging the small display unit and give it a clean, it gets covered in dust, small screwdriver behind panel and it just clips out. been having same prob recently cleaned it all and its working fine.

mknutjob:
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone could help. My night heater in my M.A.N won’t kick in. It worked last week tried using it Monday night and nothing tried again just now and nothing, just checked the fuse but that’s fine, what’s my next port of call? :frowning:

Night heater :open_mouth: Man up a bit, when i first started driving trucks there was… :wink:

4whatitsworth:

mknutjob:
Hi all,

Night heater :open_mouth: Man up a bit, when i first started driving trucks there was… :wink:

Memory loss?

it may need new heater plugs ? Just a guess though

The Rustler:
Nothing blocking air intake :question: Had this in the past, when junk under the bunk has got pushed / slid against intake :unamused:

Usually a sock, wet wipe or an old jazz mag :laughing:

It’s broken. The Ignitor has probably burned out due to poor ventilation intake, a constant risk when running the heater at warmer outside temperatures in the summer months with the air full of flies and those floating seed things.

Turning the thing on and off might result in the fan blowing cold air for a few seconds, before conking out.

I’ve had more than one of these things go on me after they sucked in fluff, insects, and other muck that clogs the intake. You might get a “burning cake” smell as the thing tries to fire up, and then falls over in each case.

I used to drive an M.A.N with a similar problem, turned out the exhaust outlet was blocked you should get a small amount of smoke and a smell similar to paraffin being burnt just as the heater fires up, worth a look and a simple fix.