Powered landing legs

Passed a trailer yesterday, think it was a tanker , and saw something like " LK automatic legs " on the landing legs. Anyone know anything about them ?
Sure beats a handle .
Jim

dairy quest use to have them years ago on some of their trailers, they were reefers so the power supply wasn’t a problem, haven’t seen them a
on any trailers recently :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

White arrow had some called bee lift, powered by air.

At least Vosa can’t fine you per turn of the handle :slight_smile:

hiya…sore point power landing legs. quite a few firms have tried to get them right but no sucsess.
someone tried compressed air. for some reason one leg would give way and the trailer would tilt.
i have a mate with legs that come down with a lister engine but they’re just to heavy. that lifts
a loaded trailer up off the ground if you roll on a broken down lorry on from the front of the trailer.
it seems the legs we have at the moment are good for use and here to stay.
John

Point taken, 3300John it just seems like a good idea that I’d like to try
Jim

Legs need to be greased and serviced more frequently as well because they can seize up.

Landing legs may be crude devices but at least they work. Given how many drivers there are out there doing engagement tests without raising the suspension I can only imagine the bill for damaging powered ones.

Is there really any point in them?

Very handy when trailers are parked so tight together there isn’t room to turn the handle.

Terry T:
Landing legs may be crude devices but at least they work. Given how many drivers there are out there doing engagement tests without raising the suspension I can only imagine the bill for damaging powered ones.

Yep. And it’s about the only bit of exercise a lot of artic drivers get. :grimacing:

Driveroneuk:
Very handy when trailers are parked so tight together there isn’t room to turn the handle.

You’ve been to our hub too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:

Driveroneuk:

Lift up the suspension and pull forward a bit.

Snowgo:

gardun:

Driveroneuk:

Lift up the suspension and pull forward a bit.

Done that many times but it throws out your normal routine.

Something like these? autolegs-by-chk.co.uk/

Sidevalve:

Terry T:

Yep. And it’s about the only bit of exercise a lot of artic drivers get. :grimacing:

You know I’ve never loaded or unloaded any trailer I’ve driven around. Only ever interacted with a load on Class 2.

So yeah, leave our only exercise alone :grimacing:

Santa:
Something like these? autolegs-by-chk.co.uk/

No, Santa they were just like ordinary legs , just went up the box section.
Terry T we’ll sort you out a manual override.
Jim

I’d love powered legs. Had a few recently that required some serious effort to lower and raise. I get all my exercise at weekends. Work is relaxy time :grimacing:

Terry T:

Sidevalve:

Terry T:

You know I’ve never loaded or unloaded any trailer I’ve driven around. Only ever interacted with a load on Class 2.

So yeah, leave our only exercise alone :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: Exactly the same here!! the most work i do all day is coupling and uncoupling, and I occasionally open the back doors haha!

If the truth be known i wish i did get a little more exercise in at work, like i used to when i was on multidrop.

jost-world.com/products/info … m.html?L=1