Power surges

Anyone else having trouble with their electric mains supply tonight?

I am wondering if it is a local thing (you all say “No” except those living within 10 miles of me) or this is more widespread, in which case there’s a larger issue involved…
…Such as a Solar Flare inducing a cable-melting power surge in the national grid…

(for example…)

I thought this thread was going to be about menopause. :laughing:

the power cuts that klaus schwab from the world economical forum told us that where going to happen are now hear now are they?

There were three local power spikes last night, quite late, about 30 mins apart.

Might have been an effect of distant lightening on the national grid, but I wondered if anyone outside the area experienced any such thing?

…Apparently not, unless their power is still down, so they can’t post, of course!

This board has been rather quiet of late - hasn’t it?

Tucker.C:
the power cuts that klaus schwab from the world economical forum told us that where going to happen are now hear now are they?

America and mainland Europe are most in danger of a grid failure outright.
Goes right along with the concept of a “Dying Regime” of course…

MeneMeneTekelUpharsin.jpg

'Tis a pity you’re not THE Tucker.C btw.

Winseer:

I am wondering if it is a local thing (you all say “No” except those living within 10 miles of me) or this is more widespread, in which case there’s a larger issue involved…
…Such as a Solar Flare inducing a cable-melting power surge in the national grid…

(for example…)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjCrP38ICc

This is an interesting site for monitoring solar developments ramping up increasingly.Our earthly magnetosphere is being constantly pummelled by massive CME flares it seems and a Carrington level event seems to be very much in the post.youtube.com/watch?v=Org_Ecp … Zlcg%3D%3D

I did…

Some looking around on the net.

Surprisingly, all the power lines that are surging are right next to 5G masts! :open_mouth:

I also triangulated equidistant positions of 5G masts and they all centre around a disused garden centre near Melton Mowbray. This must mean something.

I’m smashing up my £600 Samsung as I type.

Is he getting electrostatic shocks through his tin foil hat ya reckon.? :laughing:

manalishi:

Winseer:

(for example…)

This is an interesting site for monitoring solar developments ramping up increasingly.Our earthly magnetosphere is being constantly pummelled by massive CME flares it seems and a Carrington level event seems to be very much in the post.youtube.com/watch?v=Org_Ecp … Zlcg%3D%3D

‘‘Interesting’’ might be pushing it a bit. :neutral_face:

theguardian.com/business/20 … ity-demand

We had to resort back to Old King Coal over the weekend.

Tyneside

PS sorry if the link does not work

robroy:

manalishi:

Winseer:

(for example…)

‘‘Interesting’’ might be pushing it a bit. :neutral_face:

Try this then blogger.googleusercontent.com/i … TTTge%20(1.png

tyneside:
Why did National Grid use coal to meet surge in electricity demand? | National Grid | The Guardian

Tyneside

From your link: “In February, the energy secretary, Grant Shapps, asked Drax and EDF to delay their stations’ planned decommissioning, but that suggestion was snubbed. Ratcliffe, meanwhile, is due to close in September 2024 – the date Britain has committed to end coal-fired generation. One unit at the site that had been due to close in 2022 will now close in September 2024, at the same time as the other three units.”

The UK Gov wants one thing to happen, stations to be on standby to provide back-up and security of supply. But the private providers don`t want to.
This is part of the price paid to the Great God Privatisation.
Much the same with water and sewage of course.

Franglais:

tyneside:
Why did National Grid use coal to meet surge in electricity demand? | National Grid | The Guardian

Tyneside

From your link: “In February, the energy secretary, Grant Shapps, asked Drax and EDF to delay their stations’ planned decommissioning, but that suggestion was snubbed. Ratcliffe, meanwhile, is due to close in September 2024 – the date Britain has committed to end coal-fired generation. One unit at the site that had been due to close in 2022 will now close in September 2024, at the same time as the other three units.”

The UK Gov wants one thing to happen, stations to be on standby to provide back-up and security of supply. But the private providers don`t want to.
This is part of the price paid to the Great God Privatisation.
Much the same with water and sewage of course.

No body wants to do anything, ever - unless the government provide a taxpayer paid subisidy FOR that intended action…

Perhaps the Government should crack down on such unpatriotic behaviour by charging a different tax tier - based upon just how little or how much that body heeded government instructions?