Powder Tankers

Hello peeps i may be given the chance to go back on Powder Tankers,but its been about 6 or 7 years since ive worked on them.Does anyone know of a site on this interweb thingy that i can go on to see how its done? I know i should remember but its gone out of my head completely,its an age thing :blush: So can any of you nice peeps out there help a senile old git out please.Ta :smiley:

One of the SITRA drivers does videos on youtube if you want to see how it’s done.

But here’s how I do it.

connect elbow, connect injector pipe to elbow, connect tube from elbow to silo inlet, raise suspension and lower stabilising legs, dump air from suspension.

Connect air pipe from compressor to trailer inlet then connect electrics for tipper pump, start engine and raise tipper 2.5 rams, then start compressor.

build up air to required pressure, open injector valve, open silo outlet and discharge product, raise tipper as and when required till product is completley discharged.

There are other checks I do, (in case frans reads this) :smiley: but that’s the basics. if you’ve done it before, it shouldn’t take you long to get back in the swing of things!

belly tank or tipper â– â– ?

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
One of the SITRA drivers does videos on youtube if you want to see how it’s done.

But here’s how I do it.

connect elbow, connect injector pipe to elbow, connect tube from elbow to silo inlet, raise suspension and lower stabilising legs, dump air from suspension.

Connect air pipe from compressor to trailer inlet then connect electrics for tipper pump, start engine and raise tipper 2.5 rams, then start compressor.

build up air to required pressure, open injector valve, open silo outlet and discharge product, raise tipper as and when required till product is completley discharged.

There are other checks I do, (in case frans reads this) :smiley: but that’s the basics. if you’ve done it before, it shouldn’t take you long to get back in the swing of things!

Jeez all that effort for dust :wink:

dave:
belly tank or tipper â– â– ?

Not sure yet ive mainly worked with tippers and done a few trips with belly tanks.Thanks for replying :smiley:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

But here’s how I do it.

Thanks for that its starting to come back now hopefully i can get back into the routine.Thanks for replying :smiley:

Everybody has a different way of blowing a tank and will tell you there way is best and quickest. Really does depend on what your blowing, powder or granular and wether its with a belly or tip tank and more importantly if the blower is any good. For granular stuff on a belly I just let the pressure build up and then when the relief valve starts to blow open the boost up on the pot your blowing a let the bugger go, shut everything else off so all youve got open is full pad and full boost on the pot your blowing, if it starts to struggle at all I just use a bit of ring jet.
For powders I basically use app half pad on all pots and whatever air I can get away with so it dont block. Fun can be had with some of the poop that is a mixture of both. Like ive said this is how I blow limestone and have done for the last 11 years but others will tell you to do it different, best bet is to ask a driver where you may be working cause every product will blow different at every job.
Hope this has helped.

dowahdiddyman:
Everybody has a different way of blowing a tank and will tell you there way is best and quickest. Really does depend on what your blowing, powder or granular and wether its with a belly or tip tank and more importantly if the blower is any good. For granular stuff on a belly I just let the pressure build up and then when the relief valve starts to blow open the boost up on the pot your blowing a let the bugger go, shut everything else off so all youve got open is full pad and full boost on the pot your blowing, if it starts to struggle at all I just use a bit of ring jet.
For powders I basically use app half pad on all pots and whatever air I can get away with so it dont block. Fun can be had with some of the poop that is a mixture of both. Like ive said this is how I blow limestone and have done for the last 11 years but others will tell you to do it different, best bet is to ask a driver where you may be working cause every product will blow different at every job.
Hope this has helped.

Thanks for that mate :smiley:

Hello peeps just want to say thank you for the help i got with my request.Ive got the info i need now and i now remember how its done.So thanks again. :smiley: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulq56B1jZ-Q

have a look

when i did a bit of tankering
was told its easy
Pressure in product out