Powder tanker knowledge

Been booked for today pm to drive a powder tanker. I will ask local guys obviously, but always happy to get some advanced knowledge on here.

I guess no difference driving-wise, what about loading / unloading and whatever that thing is capable of at all?

If you’ve not been taught how to use it properly don’t even try to wing it because its possible to blow up the tank or to implode it if you get it wrong. Most likely as an agency driver you’ll be sent to somewhere where the staff at the delivery location will sort it all out for you as they use their own blowers to discharge/load the tanker so other than helping them hook up and maybe raising it like you would a tipper if its one that needs to be, it’ll just be a case of sitting there until its empty, whacking the sides with a lump hammer to loosen off any stuck powder, putting the hoses away and driving back to base. First time I did one on agency that is what happened.

thanks, that sounds good.

can you please elaborate on the proper usage though just for me knowing how things work?

Use an earthing strap from the tanker to earth to dissipate static electricity.

cheers

going through this one right now

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72666

Conor:
If you’ve not been taught how to use it properly don’t even try to wing it because its possible to blow up the tank or to implode it if you get it wrong. Most likely as an agency driver you’ll be sent to somewhere where the staff at the delivery location will sort it all out for you as they use their own blowers to discharge/load the tanker so other than helping them hook up and maybe raising it like you would a tipper if its one that needs to be, it’ll just be a case of sitting there until its empty, whacking the sides with a lump hammer to loosen off any stuck powder, putting the hoses away and driving back to base. First time I did one on agency that is what happened.

Lump hammer ? Or rubber mallet .

Oh aye, rubber mallet. Lump hammer is a bit too loud. :laughing: