Pountains Heavy Haulage

Perhaps someone can help us out with locating a picture of this ERF NGC ‘European’ in Pountains colours. It was registered HNV 59N. The unit belonged to ■■■■■■■ and ended up with Redcap Transport. However, it was allegedly with ■■■■ Pountain for a time but we can’t find any evidence of this.

newerf607.jpg

Pountains also ran this RHD six-wheeler (UGE 852R) but THAT’S NOT THE ONE!

20160822_073946.jpg

I’d be most grateful for a bit of rummaging for a bit of photo-evidence here! Cheers, Robert

Heres the article.(Click on pages twice to read.)

Deano your a legend.

Cheers DIG

edtheshark:
Hello to you all, I was looking at an article about “Evening Star” the last-ever Scammell S26 which was ordered by Pountains Heavy Haulage,never taken and instead went to Econofreight, and thinking:

Do any of you have any pics of this not-quite so well known haulier?

I and, I’m sure lots of others, would love to see them - bring them on!!!

Ed

Know ■■■■ Pountain very well.At Draycott in the Clay near the filling station on the 515 just over the crossings at Sudbury.He was born in Doveridge and his dad was sales manager at Fryers in Uttoxeter.He started off with a 16t D-Series with a ■■■■■■■ and I sold him a couple of Artics with the ■■■■■■■ V8 and a couple of York Trailers.These motors did him well.He was the chap I mentioned on the Transco.site when Ford let him down so – E.R.F .Did a lot of Coffee out of Nestles.He went into s/h lorry sales and I’m sure some of you might remember some motors on the " front "
No photos I’m afraid and would like some for my collection .I’ll ask him when I see him but not very often.

Tony

rastone:

edtheshark:
Hello to you all, I was looking at an article about “Evening Star” the last-ever Scammell S26 which was ordered by Pountains Heavy Haulage,never taken and instead went to Econofreight, and thinking:

Ed

Know ■■■■ Pountain very well.At Draycott in the Clay near the filling station on the 515 just over the crossings at Sudbury.He was born in Doveridge and his dad was sales manager at Fryers in Uttoxeter.He started off with a 16t D-Series with a ■■■■■■■ and I sold him a couple of Artics with the ■■■■■■■ V8 and a couple of York Trailers.These motors did him well.He was the chap I mentioned on the Transco.site when Ford let him down so – E.R.F .Did a lot of Coffee out of Nestles.He went into s/h lorry sales and I’m sure some of you might remember some motors on the " front "
No photos I’m afraid and would like some for my collection .I’ll ask him when I see him but not very often.

Tony

Ah-ha! Now there’s a clue. Could it be that HNV 59N (see post above about ERF ‘European’) was sent to ■■■■ for disposal, rather than joining his fleet? Robert

robert1952:

rastone:

edtheshark:

Ed

Tony

Ah-ha! Now there’s a clue. Could it be that HNV 59N (see post above about ERF ‘European’) was sent to ■■■■ for disposal, rather than joining his fleet? Robert

Don’t remember but this motor I put on the D-Series and other subjects sites was this motor of Andrew Yate’s with a V.8 in was on his spare ground.

Tony

I think Jerry Cooke has answered the question about the existence of the ERF NGC registered HNV 59N at Pountains: it was used to transport a racing truck to circuits - a popular sport at the time! Robert

Cracking article DEANB! Ta mate!

Great looking truck !

210486b.jpg

Not a very good shot, but i caught UGE 852R in ■■■■ Pountains colours, At Leicester Forrest East services on the M1
21 April 1986. I used to pass Pountains yard near Sudbury 6 days a week,often 4 times a day between Nov 68 and the Mid 70s.
I saw the enterprise gradually expand, though to be honest, i was usually looking for a glimpse of the nice young woman who drove
a Reliant 3 wheeler nearby.!

Ed

There was a good article in an early Trucking mag about them doing brewing vessels into (or out of?) an Edinburgh brewery about 1984, made me want to do the same sort of work, so I did :wink: Will see if I can find it