poundland

bbc documentary showing them recruiting with mobile ad board and upsetting asdas etc apparently costing too much with agencies and saving loads by recruiting at 9.50 to 16 per hour wonder if more will follow :question: :question:

topmixer11:
bbc documentary showing them recruiting with mobile ad board and upsetting asdas etc apparently costing too much with agencies and saving loads by recruiting at 9.50 to 16 per hour wonder if more will follow :question: :question:

For clarity you meant POUNDWORLD and not Poundland as in the title

That was very old that film as I have been to that depot at Normanton many times for agency. The old Discount UK is now called Bargain Buys etc. The full time staff do not last long and most of those new recruits left shortly after he took them on. They are still paying a rubbish wage for the hours and work the drivers do and so still rely on agency. “Sue” who manages the drivers from her hut outside the main building is always dealing with drivers not turning up for work and she has to get the shift covered. That goes on every day :unamused: I would not take a job there and many times refused to do it on agency.

topmixer11:
bbc documentary showing them recruiting with mobile ad board and upsetting asdas etc

Makes no sense why ASDA would get upset… The Asda guy was just being a ■■■■, that billboard advertising had nothing to do with him, they weren’t on Asda’s property & they weren’t blocking anyone. Typical British zb poking his nose into other people’s business, must be ex Tossco:evil:

alder:

topmixer11:

For clarity you meant POUNDWORLD and not Poundland as in the title

That was very old that film as I have been to that depot at Normanton many times for agency. The old Discount UK is now called Bargain Buys etc. The full time staff do not last long and most of those new recruits left shortly after he took them on. They are still paying a rubbish wage for the hours and work the drivers do and so still rely on agency. “Sue” who manages the drivers from her hut outside the main building is always dealing with drivers not turning up for work and she has to get the shift covered. That goes on every day :unamused: I would not take a job there and many times refused to do it on agency.

We go in to normanton regular and it is a circus…
The way there drivers fly round the yard is ridiculous.
Iv never heard a good thing about working for them,in fact Iv heard some shocking things and I believe they are true.
It’s a shame really because it’s local to me but no way would I work there,also in local paper the other week that there expanding the dc,where the staff will come from is anyone’s guess.

yorkshire terrier:
where the staff will come from is anyone’s guess.

Staff are 10 a penny, bus them in from Eastern Europe or Greece if the worst comes to the worst [emoji16]

They are trying to do everything right at the moment as VOSA are on their case but ghe trouble is that the drivers are inexperienced and running on very low morale. The last time I was there for agency about 8 weeks ago the boss had put a bag in each unit containing cleaning gear, dusters, glass cleaner, wipes, jay clothes, anti grease spray, hand cleaner etc. Quite impressive I thought but most of the drivers took the bags home and brought them back empty the very next day! :laughing: :laughing:

alder:
They are trying to do everything right at the moment as VOSA are on their case but ghe trouble is that the drivers are inexperienced and running on very low morale. The last time I was there for agency about 8 weeks ago the boss had put a bag in each unit containing cleaning gear, dusters, glass cleaner, wipes, jay clothes, anti grease spray, hand cleaner etc. Quite impressive I thought but most of the drivers took the bags home and brought them back empty the very next day! :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t understand why the place runs like it does,surely it would be better to put a bit of organisation in to it…as for some of the drivers well I wouldn’t give them a dog licence the way they carry on.