Pot Holes ? stupid question?

ROG:

bugcos:
Something on local news tonight about potholes, and that motorists can send councils the bill, if the pothole has damaged your car

Legal expert on my local news stated quite clearly that no claim can be made for any pothole damage that is due to bad weather

An act of God I suppose?That is a disclaimer on any insurance policy!

Coming s/b down the M6 yesterday,in the area of Killington Lake msa,there was about 4 miles of lane 1 coned off.
For what?
For the whole length there were tram lines with cracks and potholes in them.What was the remedy?
One pickup truck,one guy with a shovel and one guy with one of those thumping poles hammering down a shovel full of tarmac!
What made me think of a sticking plaster?

bestbooties:
Coming s/b down the M6 yesterday,in the area of Killington Lake msa,there was about 4 miles of lane 1 coned off.
For what?
For the whole length there were tram lines with cracks and potholes in them.What was the remedy?
One pickup truck,one guy with a shovel and one guy with one of those thumping poles hammering down a shovel full of tarmac!

Sounds like they took Busby’s advice then and got the ■■■■■■ in :frowning: :frowning:

Santa:

bestbooties:
For what?

Sounds like they took Busby’s advice then and got the ■■■■■■ in :frowning: :frowning:

The HA have probably got ■■■■ all cash left, they have wasted it all on building ‘money makin motorways’ aka managed motorways and their new fetish concrete central reservations.

Santa:

bestbooties:
For what?

I had heard that ■■■■■■ use a beer mat for a tarmac depth gauge!

What I can never understand is why the Council will repair all of the pot-holes in a road, and then install speed humps. Why don’t they just leave the pot-holes there and save the money twice?

Harry Monk:
What I can never understand is why the Council will repair all of the pot-holes in a road, and then install speed humps. Why don’t they just leave the pot-holes there and save the money twice?

Probably worried about being laughed at when they explain at the Casualty Reduction Partnership meeting that their new traffic calming strategy is to leave holes in the road. And it probably would fail the Cycle Friendly Traffic Calming requirements.

in that case

with the roads in the state they are in now, can i have a reduced rate on my car tax?

mickyblue:
in that case

with the roads in the state they are in now, can i have a reduced rate on my car tax?

No because it’s still causing climate change with its CO2 emissions no matter how rubbish the roads are :stuck_out_tongue:

peirre:

bubsy06:
What about the pot holes in the services :open_mouth:
you could lose a lorry down some of them.

I take it you`ve been to Wetherby services recently :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, you could have had a bath in that one on the exit (bit cold though) :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

bugcos:
Something on local news tonight about potholes, and that motorists can send councils the bill, if the pothole has damaged your car

Legal expert on my local news stated quite clearly that no claim can be made for any pothole damage that is due to bad weather

Ok. So what in this scenario:

There is a hole, it’s there as long as I live in Cathcart. They tried to fix it once or twice, but it never lasted longer than week or two. I can assume that they did it wrong. You can even see it on the google maps:
maps.google.pl/maps?f=q&source=s … 2&t=k&z=20

Now the hole is as big that I am affraid that there can be a smart cart inside… :slight_smile:

So is this pothole “due to bad weather” or “due to the incompetence of people who were fixing it in summer”?

NB12:
‘… why pay road tax?..’

To fund our EU membership of £46 million a day.

willie zodiac:
‘… WTF have they been doing with my road tax money?..’

See above.

An unhappy motorist stopped to have words with a road repair gang, they were all singing Happy Birthday. Said whose birthday is it anyway. The workers pointed to the hole and said his.

14mm Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA) 50mm thick is what is needed! :wink: