pot hole

A pot hole was reported on the m6 southbound(j16) at approx 0630 this morning…just come past 6 hours later,and still no workmen on site :unamused:

They’ll let it fill up with water and then it will freeze, much cheaper.

Another alternative would be to pour porridge into the hole and let it set.

Have you ever tried getting the remains off your bowl once it’s set? Just as good as concrete IMO.:smiley:

commonrail:
A pot hole was reported on the m6 southbound(j16) at approx 0630 this morning…just come past 6 hours later,and still no workmen on site :unamused:

Was it the bridge expansion joint again? Funny how you can’t see under a bridge :laughing:.
Was it close to lane 2 ? so they are waiting until tonight before they shut 2 lanes to repair it.

Or it could just be the new asset support contracts where everything takes longer cos it’s cheaper short term :laughing:

When I went past at about 10.00am this morning there were 2 cars on the hard shoulder just after that hole, both with n/s front flat tyres, the hole looked deep enough to buckle or break a front wheel.

The Highways Agencies are becoming concerned at the number of pot holes which could cause lorry drivers severe back injuries,now I am generous so here’s what you do
next time you find your back a bit stiff/sore,it’s easy to fake for a quack,find yourself a pot hole and begin a claim,could be easier than winning the lottery.
What was it £250,000 for a repetitive finger injury for a civil servant…lorry driver pot hole injury could be worth £millions…go on fill your boots.

commonrail:

Was it southbound prior J16, of after J16? I ask because J16 is the border between different companies that look after the infrastructer.

But please go to the HA phone line and complain, 0300 123 5000, Due to spending cuts, they are cutting back on all sorts of stuff, so the response time to this sort of thing is suffering.

Trev_H:
When I went past at about 10.00am this morning there were 2 cars on the hard shoulder just after that hole, both with n/s front flat tyres, the hole looked deep enough to buckle or break a front wheel.

Must have been virtually following you cos I saw the same. You could see the “grit” or bits of tarmac that had been scattered down the road, which I assume had been dragged out of the pothole, so I reckon more than a few have buckled wheels etc

The real Biffo:

commonrail:

Was it southbound prior J16, of after J16? I ask because J16 is the border between different companies that look after the infrastructer.

But please go to the HA phone line and complain, 0300 123 5000, Due to spending cuts, they are cutting back on all sorts of stuff, so the response time to this sort of thing is suffering.

It was 17-16, traffic was free on the cams at 16 but rammed from the Sandbach services south, @ one stage 8 trucks on the h/s coming out of the services which should create @ least 8 log numbers in an effort to try & highlight the lack of hgv parking provision on one of the most important motorway routes in the country.

It will be the Balfour Beatty Mott McDonald jv in area 10, you know who due to the new cheaper contacts closed the depot @ Knutsford on a busy motorway and now run from Preston Brook :unamused:

The proverbial will hit the fan even more if the snow falls & they can’t man/woman the gritters

You got it there speedy, I can’t put my feelings up here, but if people call in and complain, you never know, something might get changed.

I’ll bet someone got a gold star on their report card for saving all that money!

I was going southbound at 1400 and they were fixing, very slow traffic backed up to j18 because everyone was having a good look at ■■■■ all.

The real Biffo:

commonrail:

No… It was near the hard shoulder…and no they aren’t waiting till night time to fix it.
They started about 1400…8 hours to get on the job…nice

8 hours response time. Due to the new contracts, that not bad, quite quick really!!!

extrucker:
8 hours response time. Due to the new contracts, that not bad, quite quick really!!!

:laughing:

The real Biffo:
You got it there speedy, I can’t put my feelings up here, but if people call in and complain, you never know, something might get changed.

I’ll bet someone got a gold star on their report card for saving all that money!

There’s been a lot of meetings, arse kicking & twitchy asses around I suspect, not just about that job.

I see the vacancies are out for Rcc 'oppo’s as they are that short staffed with leavers but only to internal civil service only @ present to soak up some of the people on transfer lists.

You see them blokes that leg it out in to a live lane with a shovel of Tarmac and then leg it back for the trucks to pound it down. Nutters!

THAT pothole has been getting worse over the last couple of weeks at least, and already had a shovel full of something useless thrown into it , so the contractors must have been aware of it… so why not fix it before this happened. ■■

Trukkertone:
THAT pothole has been getting worse over the last couple of weeks at least, and already had a shovel full of something useless thrown into it , so the contractors must have been aware of it… so why not fix it before this happened. ■■

Should think the tarmac boys were hoping, “the good lord”, will fix it.

Saaamon:

Trukkertone:

Should think the tarmac boys were hoping, “the good lord”, will fix it.

Expansion joint on bridge ?

There was one on the M56 that had to be filled 2 -3 times a day for weeks finally gave way big time & ended up with 20 plus vehicles on h/s with sumps gone, wheels buckled etc it was that bad :confused:

Silver_Surfer:
You see them blokes that leg it out in to a live lane with a shovel of Tarmac and then leg it back for the trucks to pound it down. Nutters!

ohh yeah thats real fun when you are on the centre line and its a ooopppssss monent way traffic flying by on bothsides … i worked on A74 (lockerbie depot)in late 70s …lol,5stone lighter and thought i was immortal,
jimmy