Posts being removed

There is still a post missing from this thread http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9159&start=30, Can I please ask that it is put back, I undertand it was sneeked in by a user who has had their posting rights suspended, However, imho the post should have stayed as it did not break the forum rules and was a valid remark inkeeping with the thread. Could you not have just suspended the posting rights of that name, By deleting posts that do not break forum rules we are surly defeting the object of having a forum that is open for fair debate!

the post you refer to was deleted by a TrukckNetUK director so unfortunately cannot be put back .
This was done because the poster broke the rules by posting whilst suspended the same would be done to anyone in the same circumstances.
hope this helps

pam

Site Admin

Don’t get me wrong I understand the theory behind why it was removed, Don’t agree with it, But I don’t want to get into that, My point is that by deleting posts that are relevent to the thread and that do not break the rules with their content you are pontentially changing the whole way the thread can be seen, If it appeared in the first place then it should stay, maybe with a note attached saying that posting rights are still suspended, but the post should have remained. Just my thoughts but I don’t think I will be alone in them.

I can see what you are saying but you have to be a registered member to post on the boards and this post was made by someone who did not have member status so it did break the rules. If you wish further clarification on this you will have to take it up with either Rikki or Lucy when they return next week, our hands are tied on this matter.

Ok, Understood guvnor :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

He then deleted a large part of my posting, and replaced it with something he had written himself- presenting it as something I had written

if this is true ( and i have no reason to doubt it ) then the moderator should be dealt with by the owners of these forums.it seems to me that this moderator is abusing his position.if he is editing anyone’s thread then he has to do it in a way that we know that it’s been editied by a moderator and not as if the member has typed it himself.

i will be the 1st to say that this moderator should have his status as moderator removed if this is true.

oh dear

simon

i will be the 1st to say that this moderator should have his status as moderator removed if this is true.

Not your decision Kitkat. :wink:

Rikki-UK:

Not your decision Kitkat. :wink:

never said it was did i

Sorry mate, very bad night, not having fun. Maybe made a point a bit too harshly. :blush:

A post has been removed from this thread - it was made by a now-ex member, and contained untrue and possibly libellous allegations.

Apologies if this means that the last part of the thread is a little nonsensical, but I’m sure you all understand that we couldn’t allow it to stay. The matter is now being dealt with in private.

Bye Vince :open_mouth:

Adios Vince…Hope you keep reading (even if you can not post) :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth:

smcaul:
Adios Vince…Hope you keep reading (even if you can not post) :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth:

The TruckNet UK members are the losers for what seems a matter that should have been resolved privately without any of us being aware there was a problem.

The TruckNet group will never be the same again (for me at least).

Such a Shame…

I shall miss your input Vince.

Ossie

ossie:
The TruckNet UK members are the losers for what seems a matter that should have been resolved privately without any of us being aware there was a problem.

Such a Shame…

Ossie

Vince was asked and he refused to sort it in private. I believe we will all miss his input, but we all have to know that Not 1 person is bigger than TruckNet.

TC:

ossie:

Such a Shame…

Ossie

Vince was asked and he refused to sort it in private. I believe we will all miss his input, but we all have to know that Not 1 person is bigger than TruckNet.

That is very true Eric. We are all equal on here :bulb: :slight_smile:

If you are gone for good Vince on a point of principle, but can read this, I can only say best of luck and very sorry to see you go.

This whole affair of secrecy and censorship, not least of me when trying to post in the various threads on this case, leaves a bitter taste and is a matter for great regret.

If you feel the inclination, give me a shout.
davidmarker@wanadoo.fr

I know from experience that you can’t access my Trucknet profile.

Salut, David.

Spardo:
If you are gone for good Vince on a point of principle, but can read this, I can only say best of luck and very sorry to see you go.

If you feel the inclination, give me a shout.

Salut, David.

Same here Vince.

Thanks for your last message (PM); I had read it but it has now been deleted (not by me, mate!).

Likewise, feel free to email me transport@ukevans.com

Vince won’t be able to read this because you have to be logged on to read the feedback forum.