Posting Video

Could i ask why when you use the video link at the right side of the bar (below)

and post the Youtube URL in the middle it comes up with an error message when you post?

You copy youtube video from the search bar while on YouTube, then paste that into the video line

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:
You copy youtube video from the search bar while on YouTube, then paste that into the video line

In theory, never got it to work yet myself so just post links

Start watching the video, then copy what’s actually in the search bar at the top . Go on trucknet to post, click video tab then put that copy link inbetween the two video marks.

Outdated forums so lot of the stuff is dated and doesn’t work quite right.

rearaxle:
Start watching the video, then copy what’s actually in the search bar at the top . Go on trucknet to post, click video tab then put that copy link inbetween the two video marks.

I tried that, this is the video and below is a big space where the video should be using the method you described, nothing appears so something is broken.
youtube.com/watch?v=QJxfYM_Hn4I

I tried it the other day and got a blank preview, so just posted a link. It has worked quite recently, but not at the moment for some reason. I don’t know if old videos posted are now showing blank or not, I haven’t looked to find out.

It playing when I click your video…

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

Deleted duplicate post.

rearaxle:
It playing when I click your video…

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

It plays if you click the link but the video should play in the post (embedded)

I could be wrong but I seem to remember (rightly or wrongly) that embedding YouTube videos into posts on this board was stopped some time ago to save on Trucknet-UK server bandwidth.

I don’t know if the video tags work with any video server other than YouTube but I doubt it.

tachograph:
I could be wrong but I seem to remember (rightly or wrongly) that embedding YouTube videos into posts on this board was stopped some time ago to save on Trucknet-UK server bandwidth.

I don’t know if the video tags work with any video server other than YouTube but I doubt it.

I dont think that is the case. The bigger issue is people can still upload images to the forums that takes up far more bandwidth. Most modern forums dont allow this. You have to use an off site image hosting service to post a image and then link it.
Considering this forum goes back to 2003 that is a lot of images being hosted on the server.

tachograph:

That would certainly be wise, a lot of other forums have the same principle. It also prevents copyright issues. I don’t think it’s any hardship to click on a link if you want to see a video, but I wish people would post a general description of the video content, rather than a thread title which sounds like clickbait
“You wouldn’t expect a truck driver to do that!”

Best way to do it, is to post the link using the URL tags https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFVtAfYClk0&ab_channel=EaracheRecords

You make it more meaning full by using the code link name or whatever you want to put in here like this Massive Wagons China Plates

It’s still 2004 on trucknet, YouTube has not been invented yet

If we cannot embed it using the link in post #1 of the thread you may as well just click “Share” under the video and post the link here.

idrive:
It’s still 2004 on trucknet, YouTube has not been invented yet

I find posting here on a mobile a frustrating experience all the fonts sizes are screwed up. (spot the username)

I hope this is not some mamby-pamby copyright thing, where we can’t post videos any more - unless we’ve filmed them and uploaded them to this site directly ourselves

Winseer:
I hope this is not some mamby-pamby copyright thing, where we can’t post videos any more - unless we’ve filmed them and uploaded them to this site directly ourselves

I don’t think that’ll be the case as we can link to them maybe it’s a bandwidth issue as suggested above.