Posting problems

Anyone else having issues posting on the main forum? I keep getting an error code forbidden 40something or other.

Edit. Just seen post below. Guess it may just clear up then?

Yes mate. I wrote out a huge great long essay, for it to come up with that. Wouldn’t save either. Then whole forum went down. Was well annoying.

All sorted now though.

There do appear to be occasional problems with the site, I seem to notice it most at around 01:30 when the site seems to frequently go down or become very slow, I’d assume that’s because of maintenance if it wasn’t also happening at other times to.

Most of the time it’s been great since the move to TNs own UK based server, but there do appear to be some irritating small glitches still present.

theantbox:
Yes mate. I wrote out a huge great long essay, for it to come up with that. Wouldn’t save either. Then whole forum went down. Was well annoying.

All sorted now though.

Snap! :smiley: . Well, apart from the all sorted bit. Mine wouldn’t save either. I copied and pasted it elsewhere, but it still won’t submit to that particular thread. It was very long to be fair, but that’s never stopped Carryfast! :smiley:

There do appear to be occasional problems with the site, I seem to notice it most at around 01:30 when the site seems to frequently go down or become very slow, I’d assume that’s because of maintenance

Early hours of the morning is when we do a full back up of the forums , so if anything goes wrong we should never have to roll back more than 24 hours. This does mean the server will become less responsive at those times

Though this was another thread about Royal Mail drivers

My mistake :blush: