posting pics

Anybody know how to do a direct link to a pic on a website?

All the pics I’ve previously posted on here are hosted at Photobucket & if i forget and clean out an album from there they’ll disappear.

Get the url of the picture, right click and choose copy image location or whatever phrase your browser of choice uses. Then paste it into your message like so

jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resourc … uck-01.jpg

Then highlight the line you just pasted and click the img button at the top of the message box. That will give you this

[img]http://jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/06/Dragon-Truck-01.jpg[/img]

Ignore the bit that says code, I had to do it that way so you could see the bit

and will result in this

aint that the truck out of mad max beyond thunderdome? n while on about mad max where is the guy who had the original mad max ssc daf went, i think he was called craig potter?

Apart from other unsuitable choices such as “send to” “save as” etc. i only have “copy”. If i do that then come to reply box here at TN as i am in now, upon right clicking, the “paste” option does not highlight. If i go to wordpad, it will paste into that without problem, thereby proving i have it on the clipboard.

What browser are you using and can you paste by using Ctrl+V ■■

Driveroneuk:
Apart from other unsuitable choices such as “send to” “save as” etc. i only have “copy”. If i do that then come to reply box here at TN as i am in now, upon right clicking, the “paste” option does not highlight. If i go to wordpad, it will paste into that without problem, thereby proving i have it on the clipboard.

You can’t paste a pic into the reply box, you need to paste the location. I assume you are using Internet Explorer and having just dusted it off and checked you don’t have an option to copy the location of a picture in that. You’ll have to find another way of getting the location of the pic into a message, or use a decent browser.

tachograph:

He is trying to paste the actual image and that won’t work using any of the pasting methods.

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

He is trying to paste the actual image and that won’t work using any of the pasting methods.

That would explain it then, I thought he was trying to paste the url but thinking about it you don’t have “send to” or “save as” options for urls.

From the TrucknetUK FAQ forum -
HOW TO POST PICTURES & AVATARS

Cracked it, Thanks Rog :smiley:

Thanks for the input Neil & others.