Post office agency work

i am working agency just now , its been dead ,just a few days , i have been offered weekend driving for the post office , i did a few shifts before the srikes a few months back, now i need the cash but would you work? i mean its a strike and i kinda feel abit tight , whats your take on this :confused:

I would not do the work in the present climate .Your car would be vandalised so you would be no farther forward.

i know its not worth the hassle , and when the post office goes private and its £1 a stamp i cvant say owt can i? lol

go for the work with parcel force…same company (sort of) but no need to worry about the picket lines, worked off my feet today because of the strikes and the truck driver (who is a royal mail driver working for parcelforce) was on strike so the work of 1 truck was taken on by 12 courier vans lol. so alot of sorting where parcels are going and making sure they are on the right van, anyway 13 hours later and i get finished at work lol.

I consider myself an expert at retaining an open mind & being able to read between the lines, at this moment in time my thoughts are that the current postal strike itself is unjust, doomed to failure & unsupported by the majority of the free thinking postal workers.

A view that is shared by my gorgeous postie who has so far resisted my half open dressing gown & offers of never ending cups of hot coffee.

Having been brought up in a mining family whilst living in a pit village & surviving both the major strikes, the possibility of passing over anyone’s picket line would tear me apart whether I agreed with it or not.

The very fact that you are asking shows that there is some doubt in your mind.

Don’t do it. Whether you think they are right or wrong, leave them to fight their battle & stay well out of the way.

Just a thought and i may be wrong, but is Manpower the agency the PO use?Is the head postie, as it were a Mr Crozier and is or was a Mrs Crozier a head honcho at Manpower?
No connection surely, just a co incidence, i mean Crozier, such a common name.Ha Ha.

But the strikes are only on Thursdays and Fridays so weekends you wouldnt be breaking any picket line would you?

Davey Driver:
But the strikes are only on Thursdays and Fridays so weekends you wouldnt be breaking any picket line would you?

more proposed for next week - possibiity they could go on till xmas…

break the piket line [zb] em av u any idea how much there drivers are on i no exactly but im not gunna divulge on here cos its not my place to get it dun mate i would and have done in the past without lads like you thered be nowt moving so maybe you could see it a your duty to her majesty lol

MRC:
How do you actually get in to work for them?? I want a driving job with the Royal Mail or Parcel Force but there never seems to be any jobs!

I’ll bet they ask for applications to be POSTED !!!

Go on the R.M. website for vacancies.

yes it is manpower they use, i get a blooming good rate to drive the vans for royal mail/parcel force, and its alot more than some folk get to drive a truck, and if i go out in a truck they pay better than tesco do on agency…and the works easy.

From previous walkouts ive experienced that you shouldnt cross the picketline if your a full time employee, but if your part time or agency worker usually the FT guys dont mind… Unless others have other opinions?