Possibly my worst trucking day (work wise)!

I’ll try to be brief but I think today has to go down as an awful day work wise. You may have heard of the jams after the closure of the A1M near to Knaresborough. Well I got right stuck in it.

4:00am Start Liverpool, usual stuff, a load for Peterlee then RB Boroughbridge.
4:30am Leave Yard
6:00am Noticed the 6 miles of cones still not removed from M62 by Leeds and thought it would cause chaos not realising
they had another 2 hours of work still to do through the rush hour, anyway, I lost 5 mins due to the lanes cutting
down from 3 to 1.
6:25am Hit traffic jam at j46 A1M, 5 hours later needed a break on the A roaded diversion as I’d reached 4.5 hours
according to digi tacho, according to my time keeping I still had 40 minutes to run, stil - had to have break.
12:20pm Gets back onto A1(M) which had now reopened including the bit what I’d been diverted around which had taken
me 2 hours to get around, picks up speed - hits 56mph only to hit the breaks again. The infamous highways agency
had now shut the inside lane just before the a169 / a19 sliproad to remove debris from the hard shoulder which
they could have moved when the road was closed after the numerous accidents anyway.
13:15pm 20 miles up the A19 down to 1 lane from 2 as they were doing some works, not sure what, but they had cleared
when I came down south later.
13:50pm Arrived Peterlee for 1st drop, 9 hours 20 mins after leaving the yard on what is usually a 3hour 15min journey

Later on I got stuck in traffic on way back past Leeds then got stuck in the Liverpool football traffic at the end of the m62 and roads into Liverpool.

So all in all I think I’ve been stuck in traffic queue’s for at least 7 and a half hours. I’ve also gone over my 15 hour spread by half an hour. I’ve written on the back of a printout why i’ve gone over. If I have ANY problems then after today I think I will pack this job in for good :laughing:

Welcome to the World of Transport kerbdog, theres always something thats gonna bite you in the bum.

toowise:
Welcome to the World of Transport kerbdog, theres always something thats gonna bite you in the bum.

yup, you just have to adjust your outlook to valuing the shifts when everything goes smoothly :laughing: rare as hens teeth or hobby-horse [zb] :unamused:

I had a “bad” day on sunday. Usual things, load on wrong type of trailer, had to wait 3 hours for the “right” kind of trailer to return to the yard and load to be transhipped. Hit traffic on M6 north, got held up in Sainsburys Stoke, no surprise there, got to my collection, which should have been a trailer swap, to be told it would be 2 hours at least before my load was ready. When i pointed out that i would run out of hours, so couldn’t wait, they “found” another load i could take.
So, my attitude was, it’s going to be a long day, I’m on sunday rates, Work is a bit tight at the moment, sit back and rake in the £££££££! :sunglasses:
!4.5 hours at sunday rates, is almost 3 days basic for me. :slight_smile:

Kerbdog:
I’ll try to be brief but I think today has to go down as an awful day work wise. You may have heard of the jams after the closure of the A1M near to Knaresborough. Well I got right stuck in it.

4:00am Start Liverpool, usual stuff, a load for Peterlee then RB Boroughbridge.
4:30am Leave Yard
6:00am Noticed the 6 miles of cones still not removed from M62 by Leeds and thought it would cause chaos not realising
they had another 2 hours of work still to do through the rush hour, anyway, I lost 5 mins due to the lanes cutting
down from 3 to 1.
6:25am Hit traffic jam at j46 A1M, 5 hours later needed a break on the A roaded diversion as I’d reached 4.5 hours
according to digi tacho, according to my time keeping I still had 40 minutes to run, stil - had to have break.
12:20pm Gets back onto A1(M) which had now reopened including the bit what I’d been diverted around which had taken
me 2 hours to get around, picks up speed - hits 56mph only to hit the breaks again. The infamous highways agency
had now shut the inside lane just before the a169 / a19 sliproad to remove debris from the hard shoulder which
they could have moved when the road was closed after the numerous accidents anyway.
13:15pm 20 miles up the A19 down to 1 lane from 2 as they were doing some works, not sure what, but they had cleared
when I came down south later.
13:50pm Arrived Peterlee for 1st drop, 9 hours 20 mins after leaving the yard on what is usually a 3hour 15min journey

Later on I got stuck in traffic on way back past Leeds then got stuck in the Liverpool football traffic at the end of the m62 and roads into Liverpool.

So all in all I think I’ve been stuck in traffic queue’s for at least 7 and a half hours. I’ve also gone over my 15 hour spread by half an hour. I’ve written on the back of a printout why i’ve gone over. If I have ANY problems then after today I think I will pack this job in for good :laughing:

google.co.uk/search?q=offene … 13&bih=648

google.co.uk/search?q=chair+ … 13&bih=648

google.co.uk/search?q=whiske … 13&bih=648

google.co.uk/search?q=tv+pic … 13&bih=648

I got caught up in the roadworks yesterday on the 62, took me 9 hours 20 mins to do Liverpool to Birkenhead, tip Leeds reload goole back to Birkenhead then the yard, total joke